✩ seventeen ✩

jj drove along the road, which was only a trail of dead grass leading to a few old, trashed trailers.

'welcome to crackhead wasteland.' sarah said.

'i don't know about this man.' pope said hesitantly.

jj parked the van, pulling out the driver's license one final time to check that he had the right address.

'dude, why are we at barry's?' pope asked.

'this'll only take a second.' jj said, getting out of the van, ivy doing the same.

'where are you going?' john b asked.

'yo soy justicia!' jj yelled back.

'did you glean anything from that?' pope asked.

'probably something about getting justice.' ivy sighed.

ivy began to walk towards the trailer, only for john b to yell after her.

'woah, woah, woah, what're you doing?' he asked.

'trying to stop him from doing something he'll regret.' ivy yelled back.

nobody yelled back at her, allowing her to walk into the screened in porch, then finally into the house.

'jj.'

'yep, that's my name.' he chimed.

ivy looked around to see all the cupboards were open, and the contents of them were on the floor. 'what are you doing?'

'getting revenge.' jj said.

ivy turned around when she heard footsteps behind her, john b only a few feet away. 'all right so what's your plan slick?'

'well, as thou hath stealeth from us, we shall stealeth from ye.' jj replied.

'yea, that kinda got lost in translation.' john b sighed.

'an eye for an eye john b.' jj growled.

'yea, yea, yea, that's great jj. but what happens after you rob a drug dealer, huh?' john b asked.

'for starters, we got the gold back, and secondly, he knows who we are jj.' ivy yelled.

'i'm not scared of this guy.' jj laughed.

'ok well i am!' ivy yelled, 'he had multiple chances to kill any of us jj!'

'ok and? i have a gun!' jj said.

'yea and you didn't have it with you!' ivy yelled back. 'what if that happens again?'

jj's answer was muffled as he pushed a curtain out of his way, going towards the back of the trailer.

ivy followed jj into a bedroom, where he already had one of the closets torn apart, and now had a duffel bag in his hand.

ivy watched as jj dumped the duffel bag onto the bed, grabbing 6 wads of cash and stuffing it in the bag.

'what are you doing?' john b yelled.

'getting even!' jj yelled back.

as jj tried to exit the room, ivy stood in front of him, 'put it back.'

jj sighed, 'look, v, you're one of my best friends, and i don't want to hurt you, so just move, please.'

'then put the money back, we already have enough things chasing after us, we don't need any more.' ivy said.

jj then pushed past ivy and walked back out to the kitchen, where john b was waiting for him.

'hey, look at me. if you keep going down this road, you're gonna end up just like your dad.'