𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝑻𝒘𝒐

I 033

I 033. I

𝑪𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑪𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒅𝒐𝒓𝒔

❝ funeral ❞

IF ARIADNE HAD BEEN THE LEADER OF THE QUEST, SHE SIMPLY WOULDN'T HAVE LEFT HIM.

But she wasn't the leader, that was Annabeth, and if the blonde said they needed to head back to camp, then they did—even if it was against her biased judgement because she had kissed the boy.

Annabeth has sensed that she was conflicted with everything, and she made then pick up their pace to head back towards camp and through the maze.

They followed Hephaestus's metal spider through the maze for what felt like an hour until they stumbled upon Zeus's Fist.

She felt it was insulting, the ease they had navigated the maze, when before, the journey would've taken days to accomplish.

When they emerged, Annabeth had announced their arrival to the Apollo and Ares cabin, who were the defense system around the clearing.

"We're friéndoles! Don't fire!" she called.

"It's Annabeth and Ariadne!" someone yelled.

They squeezed through the boulders and met the night sky. It was still brighter than the pitch black corridors of the Labyrinth. Air flowed through her lungs and she realized how weird it felt, breathing in crisp and clean air rather than mush oxygen which she had been on since being in the Labyrinth.

Lee Fletcher, a son of Apollo, slung his quiver over his shoulder and ran up to them with concern. "It's been weeks since we've heard from you," he said.

"We need to speak with Chiron, Lee," Ariadne told him. "Where is he?"

The son of Apollo led the duo to the Big House and sent one of the Stoll brothers to bring them something to snack on from the camp store since they'd missed dinner.

Ariadne knew everyone was wondering where the rest of their party was, but she didn't have the heart nor the time to explain to them everything that had happened. They needed to talk with Chiron quickly.

She had taken her hair out of the droopy ponytail it had been in for two days. The girl tied it up again and let hairs fall into her face, brushing them back as the wind caused them to tickled her nose.

Chiron has shooed always the welcome party to speak with the girls, and Lee was a bit irked before he left.

Apart from the sounds of the ceiling fan's hum, and the crickets outside, the Big House was silent. For the most part, it was quite off compared to the howls and groans they had heard in the Labyrinth every night.