The Monster at the End of This Book

Dean  is reclining on the bed, flipping through a book and frowning Sarah is in the bathroom she hasn't been feeling well for sometime and she's worried and Sam is seated by the window with his laptop, Dean says "This is freakin' insane. How's this guy know all this stuff?" Sam says "You got me." Dean says "Everything is in here. I mean everything from the racist truck to --- to me having sex I'm full-frontal in here, dude. he gets up and crosses to Sam "How come we haven't heard of them before?" 

Sam says "They're pretty obscure. I mean, almost zero circulation. Uh, started in '05. The publisher put out a couple dozen before going bankrupt. And, uh, the last one – "No Rest For The Wicked" – he turns the laptop towards Dean, displaying a web site listing the books "Ends with you going to hell."

Sarah comes out of the bathroom feeling much better, Dean looks over at Sarah and asks "You feeling any better?" Sarah says "Yeah must've been something I ate, But I do feel a little better." Dean then looks over back at Sam and says "I reiterate. Freaking insane. browsing the site "Check it out. There's actually fans. There's not many of them, but still. Did you read this?" Sam says "Yeah." Dean says "Although for fans, they sure do complain a lot. Listen to this – Simpatico says "the demon story line is trite, clichéd, and overall craptastic." Yeah, well, screw you, Simpatico. We lived it." 

Sarah says "Yeah. Well, keep on reading. It gets better." Dean says "There are "Sam girls" and "Dean girls" and – what's a "slash fan"?" Sarah says "As in... Sam-slash-Dean. Together." Dean says "Like, together together?" Sam says "Yeah." Dean says "They do know we're brothers, right?" Sarah says "Doesn't seem to matter." Dean says "Oh, come on. That... That's just sick. he shuts the laptop in disgust "We got to find this Carver Edlund." Sam says "Yeah, that might not be so easy." Sarah asks "Why not?" Sam says "No tax records, no known address. Looks like "Carver Edlund" is a pen name." Dean says "Somebody's gotta know who he is."

Inside Publisher's house Daytime, Sarah, Sam and Dean  are meeting with the publisher of the "Supernatural" series: a young, attractive woman in a long sweater

Inside Publisher's house Daytime, Sarah, Sam and Dean  are meeting with the publisher of the "Supernatural" series: a young, attractive woman in a long sweater. She is eager but appears both a little nervous and somewhat skeptical of their intentions Sam says "So you published the "Supernatural" books?" Publisher says "Yep. Yeah. Gosh. These books... You know, they never really got the attention they deserved. All anybody wants to read anymore is that romanced crap. You know – "Doctor Sexy, M.D."? scoffs "Please." 

Sam says "Right. Well, we're hoping that our article can... shine a light on an underappreciated series." Publisher says "Yeah, yeah, because, you know, if we got a little bit of good press then m-maybe we could start publishing again." Dean says "No, no, no, no. God, no. I mean, why – why would you want to do that? You know, it's, uh, such a complete series, what with Dean going to hell and all."

Publisher getting very emotional "Oh, my god! That was one of my favorite ones, because Dean was so... strong... and sad and brave. And Sam... I mean, the best parts are when they'd cry. You know, like in – In "Heart," when Sam had to kill Madison, the first woman since Jessica he really loved. And in "Home," when Dean had to call John and ask him for help and when Sarah  and Dean get engaged,  Dean says "Real men?" Publisher says "I mean, no offense. How often do you cry like that, hmm?" Dean says "Well, right now, I'm crying on the inside."