ii. magic

c h a p t e r    t w o 

"I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE KICKED US OUT," Reggie sighed, plopping himself down on the couch with a pouting look on his face.

'I'm not leaving," Carly announced, "and technically, we were here first." That was true, but it was also twenty-five years ago, who knows how many other people have come to call a studio a place that was a part of their home.

"I saw we try to reason with Julie," Luke said, "She has to have a least a little bit of sympathy for the dead, right?"

"Yeah, we died, she should feel bad!" Alex tried to pick up one of the flowers in the vase that was sitting on top of the piano, but his hand went right through it, "Man, I still can't believe we're dead."

A frown was etched on Carly's lips as she stepped forward to pat his shoulder, "Neither can I bro, neither can I."

They were silent for a moment before Luke spoke up again, "Okay, c'mon let's go talk to her,"

Carly widened her eyes as the boys walked out, "wait a minute! Didn't you hear her brother? They're in the middle of eating!" She ran after them and screamed when her body went straight through the front door of the house. Being a ghost had its perks, but that didn't mean it was a good thing.

Julie screeched when the four of them appeared, her family stopping to give her weird looks, she had spaghetti dripping from the side of your mouth.

"I really like what you guys did with the place," Luke complimented, "Isn't it nice Carly?"

The blonde's eyes rolled, "Yes, very nice."

Julie looked at them with a crazed expression, "you guys shouldn't be here!"

The woman behind her sighed, "I'm just here to help Mija, don't worry."

"I told you guys this was a bad idea," Carly scolded, "but once again, you guys didn't listen to me. When will you start listening to what I say, this is starting to get a little old."