iii. bad day

c h a p t e r    t h r e e

c h a p t e r t h r e e

CARLY LIKED TO THINK THAT SHE was very convincing, but right now she wasn't doing a very good job at trying to get the boys to play more, surprising Reggie seemed like the only one up for it. Alex was too paranoid Julie would come out and yell at them again, and Luke just seem distracted.

A pout formed on her lips when they all stepped away from their instruments, so Carly settled on just playing the Sunset Curve CD that Julie had found. The one that apparently somehow brought them back to the land of the living. She even used her ghost abilities to pop from the couch over to the table and spent the next ten minutes vanishing and reappearing all over the studio.

"I think I'm gonna go talk to her," Luke said suddenly, the three of them gave him a confused look, the only her around was Carly.

"You mean Julie?" The blonde girl asked, Luke nodded. "Oh no, I think that's a bad idea."

"What? Why?"

Her eyes rolled, boys could be so clueless sometimes. "I don't know if it was just me that noticed it, but Julie doesn't seem to happy to see us. And I guarantee she doesn't want some weird teenage ghost boy appearing out of nowhere and trying to convince her to let us stay in her backyard."

Luke pondered for a moment, "Makes sense," he muttered quietly, "but maybe you should do it then Carly."

"What? Why?" Carly repeated his words from earlier, didn't he just say her reasoning made sense? Why would they try and talk to her after that?

"Because you're a girl-"

"Thanks for noticing."

A scoff left Luke's lips, "As I was saying.... You're a girl, maybe she'd be a little calmer talking to you."

Carly thought about it for a moment, and although she didn't like to admit it, his reasoning did kind of make sense, at least to her. If she were in Julie's shoes (which she really wished she was, at least her heart was still beating), she would rather talk to a female ghost rather than a male one. Especially if it was a member of Sunset Curve, she loved them all more than anything, but sometimes they could be a little much. "Okay, fine. But I get yelled at again, I'll yell right back."

"Tell us how it goes!" Alex chimed as Carly vanished from the studio and outside the front of Julie's house. Lucky for her she wouldn't be going inside, Julie was sitting right on the doorstep. When she saw Carly standing in front of her she yelped.