xiii. shocking revelations

c h a p t e r    t h i r t e e n 

"C'MON GUYS, YOU LOOK LIKE YOU'RE DEAD,"  Carly critiqued, her face fell once she finished her sentence. "Wait a minute, sorry that's not funny." The blonde girl cringed and frowned at Luke and Reggie. 

"One more time-" Luke tried to urge the three musicians to keep going but he was interrupted by Alex walking through the door. "Dude, where've you been? We need to start practicing?"

The drummer looked confused, "For what?" 

"Dance news!" Flynn exclaimed, she came out of nowhere, almost as if she were a ghost too. "I don't have a date, but I don't care because I'm so siked to see you guys play!"

Alex frowned, "We're playing a dance?"

"Of course we are," Luke nodded funnily, "That's how we get a following nowadays." 

Carly slapped his shoulder in a way of scolding him for his sarcasm, they should be thankful they can play at all. 

"Yeah, get with the program Alex," Julie teased. 

Flynn widened her eyes and frantically looked around the room, "The guys are here?!" Her hand went up in the air to wave nervously, "Hey guys, hey Carly!" 

Julie shook her head lightly, "Other way sweetie." 

The four of them waved back despite the fact that they couldn't be seen. "Ok, well now that Alex has graced us with his presence, can we get working?" 

"Oh yeah, we're gonna rehearse, Flynn do you want to stick around?"

The girl pondered for a moment, "I'm supposed to blow up 500 balloons for the dance, but this sounds better." 

"Julie! Julie!" A small voice yelled, the youngest member of the Molina family came storming into the studio. "Do you remember those orbs in dad's pictures? I think they're ghosts- but don't worry, this room is.... This room is clean, I'm not getting the ghost tinglies"