xv. unreliable

c h a p t e r    f i f t e e n

c h a p t e r f i f t e e n

CARLY WAS HAVING FLASHBACKS, FLASHBACKS THAT MADE HER CRINGE AND WANT TO CURL UP INTO A BALL AND HIDE. She only ever went to one school dance, one that she regrets with every fiber in her body. The outfit, the group, and the whole event was now a burning pile of garbage in her eyes. It was before Sunset Curve was formed, so before she actually knew what having real friends was like and before she knew how to dress 'cool', the poofy fuschia dress she wore made her look like a marshmallow, at least she was smart enough to get rid of the all the photos taken from that night. She did not want evidence of such ridiculousness out in the world.

The fact that there were countless other things on her mind at the moment could be seen as a good or bad thing too. Everything else that was speeding through her thoughts was keeping her from cringing at her past.

The past seemed to be the problem a lot these days.

She wondered why Bobby only had a picture of her in his house, she wasn't anything special, and the two were no closer with each other than everyone else was. Yes, they were best friends, but shouldn't that mean that everyone else should have a picture set up somewhere too? If she was in Bobby's position her house would probably look like a shrine of Sunset Curve, that is if she could even survive losing them all.

She probably couldn't.

No matter how much they pissed her off, or didn't listen to her, she could never live, or not live without them. Those boys were a part of her that she wouldn't ever be able to let go. Which was a blessing and a curse.

Right now, Carly considered it a curse and prayed to the god that never seemed to answer that they would get to this stupid dance on time. She didn't know what she would do if they didn't.

The blonde ghost was standing to the side of the stage, watching Flynn as she DJ'd and trying her best not to chew her fingernails off in nerves. It was getting closer and closer to nine o'clock and there still wasn't any sign of the boys. Apparently Willie was taking them to some fancy ghost club to meet the guy that could make them visible to lifers. Carly believed it was a load of crap, but of course, she was ignored while they went off to complete their ignorant actions.

"Carly?" a voice asked, Julie was standing behind her with her brows furrowed, "Where are the boys?"

She let out a nervous chuckle, "They'll be here soon. Just making some last minute prepartions."

Flynn walked off from the stage, "Wait a minute, Carly's been here?"

Carly looked to Julie and nodded, "Tell her that her beats are awesome."