Chapter 2 - "New Boy"

Reagan

"I don't want to go back to school," I whined before burying my head in my pillows.

"Too bad," Dad laughed.

"Can't I just stay home and do Alpha stuff with you?" I suggested.

"You've been doing that all winter break, it's time to go back. Now get up."

I groaned and rolled out of bed. I headed over to the shared bathroom and took a quick shower before heading back to my room to get ready for the day.

I stared at my closet for a long time before settling on a pair of leggings and a very oversized sweater. I slipped on a pair of white fluffy socks and slipped on a pair of Sperry duck boots before heading downstairs where I could smell breakfast.

"Good morning sweetie," Mom said as she plated me up some scrambled eggs and bacon.

"Good morning mom, thanks for breakfast." I set my plate at my spot at the table before getting myself a glass of water.

I ate breakfast in silence. I cleaned up my dishes and checked the time.

"Devin! Ashley! Ashton! I'm leaving in 15 minutes hurry up!" I yelled.

I hadn't noticed that Ashley was already downstairs, "You know, we have mind-link for a reason. You don't have to yell all the time."

I shrugged, "Yelling's more fun." I went back upstairs to finish getting ready.

I swiped on a few coats of mascara and pulled my brown hair up into a loose messy bun. I pulled out a few strands to frame my face. I noticed Ashley standing by my door.

"Can you braid my hair?" I nodded

I french braided her blonde hair down her back before tying it at the end with a small clear elastic. I pulled it apart a little and pulled out a few pieces in the front before being satisfied.

"Boys, you've got until I get in the car to get in too or I'm leaving without you!" I yelled as I grabbed my bag and headed back downstairs.

"SHOTGUN!" I heard Devin scream as he nearly ran me over. I rolled my eyes at his antics.

I grabbed my keys, "Bye Mom, Bye Dad" I yelled.

I walked over to my dark blue Jeep Patriot and noticed for once all of my siblings were there.

I don't actually have my license, but no one will fight me, I'm close enough. Besides, I'm a good driver anyways.

I dropped the twins off at the middle school before driving off to the high school. I parked my car next to my cousin Caden's. He drives his sister Aubrey and our 'cousin' Kayline, they live at the pack house. Caden and I are both juniors. Aubrey and Kayline are both sophomores. Devin is just a freshman.

"Did you hear about the new kid?" Aubrey asked.

"New kid?" I asked.

"You don't know about him?" Kayline asked.

"Why would I?"

"He smells like wolf?" Aubrey questioned.

Dad?

Yeah?

Did we get a new wolf in the pack?

Not that I have been told, why?

No reason. I put my wall up before he could ask any more questions.

"My dad doesn't know anything about a new wolf. I'll investigate it." I told them.