Chapter 12 - "On Finn's 18th"

Reagan's POV

It shocks me a little how well Finn is taking the whole werewolf situation. 

It has been a month since his initial shift and everything has been going well. No problems. 

He comes over every day after school and we let our wolves out on a run. He has gotten the hang of shifting now and is almost as fast as me. Caden has started training him with me as a coach to keep an eye on things. 

Dad is anxious to get Finn in Alpha training with us, since he is eager to retire he wants us to take over the pack on Finn's 18th birthday. 

Which is in the summer. 

It has been my decision to keep him out of it for now, in order to not overwhelm him with everything. Getting use to shifting and training is enough for now. 

"Hey babe," The man of the hour breaks me out of my thoughts with a kiss on the cheek.

I scrunch up my nose, "You're sweaty and smelly, go shower." I shove him away. 

"Only if you join me," He whispers in my ear, kissing my neck. 

"Interesting offer, but I have to go help dad with pack things. I guess you'll have to shower all by your lonesome." I tease. He lets out a hefty sigh and runs off to shower.

I head up to my dad's office in the pack house, we train here to get Finn use to the pack and the pack use to Finn. It has been going well so far. 

"Hey dad, what do you have for me to do today?" I plop myself down on a couch in the office.

"Pick, finances or pack requests?" He holds up two stacks of papers to me. 

"I'll take finances." I respond with a groan and get to work. I hate taking pack requests, I don't want to turn anyone down.

We work on paperwork for around two hours before mom calls us down for lunch.

"You know," my dad says as we head to the main floor, "we could start him out on the easy work. Make it seem like he's just helping you." He suggests. 

"I'll think about it." I respond.

"Honey, I don't want this to seem pushy, but you can't keep pushing off training. You both will be taking over the pack in June; it is almost March."

"I know, dad!" I snap. "I just don't want him to see the dark side of pack life, not yet." He stays silent in response. 

We enter the dining room to the comforting smell of pizza. "Everyone is down in the basement." Mom tells me, I take a few slices and head down there.

I am greeted by the friendly faces of Caden, Finn, and Aubrey. 

"Hey guys." I smile and take a seat next to Finn.

"How was paperwork?" Aubrey asks. 

"Paperwork. Caden, I want you to join me tomorrow to go through some other things." 

"Sounds good," He nods. 

I feel arms wrap around my waist and pull me onto a lap, the comforting sparks tell me the arms belong to my mate. "Hi." I smile.

"How are you?"

"I'm okay." I'm not, I don't want him involved in pack work. "How are you?"

"I'm good." I feel his fingers drum against my hip with nerves. I'll ask him about it later. 

"When is he going to join the pack? It's been two weeks and people are starting to ask questions." Caden pops into my head to remind me of another issue on my mind.