Chapter 5 - "Connor's Going to Love That"

Reagan

I smoothed out my dress as I stepped out of the car. I wore a white short sleeved baby doll dress that ended just above my knees and paired it with a dark brown pair of heeled ankle boots.

"What'd you find out about the new kid?" Kayline questioned.

"Not much, I don't think he's really a wolf. I think the scent just rubbed off on him." I shrugged, lying. Dad told us we had to keep it under the radar while we figure out what's going on.

She gave me a questioning look before accepting it and going into school. We all followed and split off to our lockers. As I approached mine, I noticed a familiar face stuck in the locker next to mine.

"I didn't know your locker was right next to mine." I said as I approached him.

"Oh, me either." Finn chuckled.

He began walking away and I quickly grabbed the books I needed, "Hey wait up!"

He turned to look at me, "Friday Caden and I are having a bonfire with some friends and family. We are wondering if you wanna come?"

"Why?" He looked at me oddly, "You don't even know me."

I shrugged, "You seem nice, plus its mostly girls. The boys want to play football." His eyes widened for a half a second and I knew I had him.

"Sure, why not. Not like I'm doing anything better."

I smiled, "Great! It's going to be right after school, you can follow us to our house."

"You live with your cousins?" We entered our homeroom and I sat with him. Caden entered shortly after, gave me a look, but sat down on his own.

"Sort of," I laughed, "We live really close to one another, we sometimes stay in the same house. The fire is at Caden's house because it's a bit bigger than mine." 'A bit' was a huge lie but we couldn't freak him out. He nodded, seeming to understand. We fell into silence before we were dismissed to first hour.

-

The day carried on as boring. I learned a little more about Finn in third period.

He lived in Wisconsin his whole life, but his dad got a job offer for down here and couldn't turn it down. He only got a week warning before they moved. He only had one close friend, Nick. They both played football together. He really liked winter up there, snowboarding, ice fishing, the whole works.

I tried to pry a little more to figure out if he knew if he was adopted but he closed up and stopped talking.

Lunch also passed as normal, everyone in their own conversations. Caden and Finn talked about football, us girls talked about the Winter Dance, and the twins just ate silently, per usual.

"We have to go shopping this week. Otherwise we are never getting dresses." Aubrey mentioned.

"We can go tonight, after school." I said. The girls all squealed.

"No boys either," She snapped quickly, "Our dresses have to be a surprise."

We were going do what we do for all dances, we all go as a big group. Other than Aubrey and Bryce since they're mates.

"Girls date after school it is then."

"Speaking of the Winter Dance, are you ready for your birthday?" Caden winked at me.

Connor and his mom were going to come down for the dance so Connor could be my date. We were going to celebrate our birthdays up there later this month, but our moms are too excited to find out if we are mates, so coincidentally the Winter Dance ended up on my birthday, allowing the perfect opportunity.

"Your birthday is coming up?" Finn asked.

"Yeah, the same day as the dance actually." I said. Then the bell rang, and we all scurried off to class.

"Hey Reagan?" Finn pulled my arm lightly, keeping me from running away from my locker.

"Yeah?"

He looked down at his feet, "Do you think I can come with you all to the dance?"

"Totally! Why wouldn't you?" He shrugged.

"I gotta get to class, but I'll tell you what our plan is when we get closer to it." I ran off trying not to be late.

-

All of the girls piled into my jeep as we headed off to the mall.

"What is the real deal with Finn?" Kayline immediately question, "And don't give me the same bullshit from this morning."

I sighed, "It's complicated, my dad doesn't know for sure yet, so we have to keep it within the Alpha and Beta positions. I'm sorry girls, I really can't tell you until we find out for sure."

Kayline nodded unhappily but understood.

I changed the topic, "How's the mated life, Aubrey?" I wiggled my eyebrows at her in the passenger seat.

"It's amazing. I can't wait for you and Connor to experience it." She said before rambling on and on. She rambled, the only topic she left out was the bedroom.

"Did you guys do it?" Kayline interrupted.

Aubrey smiled, "We decided we wouldn't until I graduated, or at least close to it. I want to graduate, preferably without a kid yet."

It wasn't uncommon for she-wolves to drop out of high school after meeting their mate, usually following getting pregnant.

"Aww, that's sweet that he's willing to wait," I mentioned as I pulled into a spot.

"Yeah," she sighed dreamily.

We headed into the mall and wandered around some stores. We didn't buy anything in the first ones, just took pictures of ones that we liked, just in case we wanted to come back to it.

It didn't take long for Aubrey to find a dress, she wasn't very picky with what she wore. She picked a very simple dress. It was a solid navy blue dress with a deep v-neck to spice up the simplicity and it flowed out at her waist and stopped slightly below mid-thigh.

Kayline is the daring one of the three of us usually. Mostly because she's very spoiled by her dads, since she's the only one they have.

Which reminded me, "Kay, did your dads decide if they're going to adopt Seth?"

Seth was an orphan we recently took into the pack, his parents were rogues and they were part of a group. The group tried to attack our pack and his parents were killed, Seth didn't see thankfully but he was scared and alone. Being only 12, we couldn't not take him in.

"Yeah! I forgot to tell you all. Your dad just signed the papers, so my dads are officially his." She smiled; she loved the little boy.

She pulled out a dress and squealed before running to try it on. It suited her personality.

It was a fitted black satin dress. The front was very formal and simple, it was a v-neck like Aubrey's but didn't cut as low. It had thin spaghetti straps that went up over her shoulders to the back. The back was pretty much completely open, other than some straps going across her back and the straps that attached the front to the back. The dress started back up at her waist before landing a few inches below her butt.

"Oooh la la," Aubrey yelled out to her.

Kayline winked before changing and buying the dress.

"Now time for us to find the pickiest person a dress." I rolled my eyes at her comment.

After an hour or so, I finally found a dress.

It was a dark green dress, Connor's favorite color. It was long sleeved and the whole top of the dress was made up of lace, conveniently covering the spots it needed to. The bottom was the same style as Aubrey's.

"Connor is going to love that." Aubrey smiled at me as I twirled around.