the young fisherman opened with difficulty his eyes, grinning as he felt the sprays of salty water on his face and entered his nose. He choked almost, cough violently, shaking his body that was feeling entirely painful, before understanding he was still on the water – but that he was probably not dead. if he was, then, paradise had been oversell, because it seemed like nothing that he was feeling at that moment was pleasant. for that matter, he had not expected to feel anything once dead, to go on that topic.

without having the time to stay cynical, the young man opened his eyes wider suddenly, not caring about the horrible tingly sensation under his eyelid due to salt who had irritated those. he was floating on something. something that did not look like a board or a barrel. he was floating on something moving on its own and not under the ocean's will, something that was so huge that he had the impression to be on a little beach, a moving reef, something like that. while he tried to get up, half terrified, like it was trying to end to impress him, a huge squirt of water was projected to the sky, a few miles from him. a squirt that was as tall as a man, so way higher than himself.

the young man swallowed the bile and saliva left on him. He was certainly on the back of a whale, reduced to the drift of her own will.