The Impossible Task

(Shout out to the Assassin! AU just sitting in my drafts.)

   The shackles hang heavy on my wrists as I'm ushered roughly down the hallway. The temperature seems to increase with each step of my shackled feet. My horns twitch in irritation. I'm more used to being somewhere at least a little cooler.

   This chamber seems to echo with each step from either me or the two burly guards flanking me, holding my chains in place. I don't come down here often, only when I'm assigned my next task or punishment.

  You see, when I died I got sent to hell.

   I was not the nicest human you see. I was the leader of this...rather violent gang. We did some pretty terrible things and we didn't even have a good reason. It was more just for amusement. We relished the rush of adrenaline.

   Long story short, I died in a ambush which was not as fun as it sounds. Yeah I was just walking down the street minding my own business when I was forced into an alley by some members of a rival gang. I rushed to defend myself but before I could fire I was struck with four shots.

   They left me there and I laid there for two hours before I finally submitted to darkness. I died alone with no one who truly loved me and only a gang to remember my name. I woke up somewhere kind of steamy and the rest as they say, is history.

   Actually at the Final Judgement I was assigned to Hell under the horrendous rein of Queen Junko Enoshima. My sentence was to complete a wide variety of random tasks and punishments over one hundred years.

   And that basically brings us to now. Because today I get my final assignment, one that comes from Her Majesty herself. They say it's always the toughest most impossible task of them all...

   Ah well, I doubt it's that bad.

   The large, oak double doors to the throne room are forced open with an ear-splitting screech. And there on her pedestal, standing proudly in front of her large, ruby-encrusted throne is Queen Junko Enoshima with a large grin plastered on her face. Her hair is done up in a French loop braid and she's wearing a tight-fitting black cocktail dress. And on her head, a sparkling diamond tiara.

   "Hajime Hinata!" She exclaims excitedly, clapping her hands together.

   The guards drag me into the center of the room to rest in front of her, forcing me to the floor. A thick, firm hand rests on the nape of my neck, holding me in place. Not that I would run of course. I'd never get far.

   I bow my head respectively. "Your Majesty." I murmur. I hear her giggle and skip down the steps to stop right in front of me. She grabs me by the chain wrapped around my throat and forces me to look up at her, into her piercing crimson eyes.

   "You sure kept me waiting, Hajime~" She chirps.

   "...I apologize."

   "No matter. you're here for your Final Assignment, riggghhttt?"

   I nod slightly.

   "Good! Because I have an extra special task for youuuu!" She squeals, twirling away from me. I raise my head, watching her in silence. "The paper, good sir~" She orders, holding out her hand. A black-haired servant steps forward, hands her an envelope, and disappears back into shadows, as if he was never there at all.

   She holds it up dramatically, slits an opening with her two inch nails and pulls out a small slip of paper. She puts on a fancy pair of reading-glasses and clears her throat.

   "Hajime Hinata, your Final Assignment issssss.......oh my, seducing a human!"

   I blink in confusion. What? Wh-What kind of assignment is that? Can it even qualify as one?