He's Got You Mesmerized....

(Where was I going with this story. I had a point.)

   That night I dreamed of Junko again. 

   "My, my...Hajime, Hajime, Hajime...you overcame my obstacle, how surprising." She comments lazily, floating around me in circles. My eye twitches in annoyance. 

   "Yeah, more or less. I mean, we're just friends now, after all." I mutter. The Queen purses her lips.

   "No, he still quite likes you. You definitely still have a shot..." She muses. I raise an eyebrow in suspicion. 

   "As great as that is...why would you tell me?" I wonder aloud. She smirks.

   "Because I'm going to throw you another obstacle! I believe that I've come up with a much more effective motive! One that will sabotage your assignment and send you spiraling into despair before you just-poof!" She drawls dreamily. I glare back at her.

   "What is it?" I demand. She covers her mouth in mock-offense.

   "Now now, that's no way for you to get what you want~" She teases. I grit my teeth.

   "Please."

   "Mmm....let's just say...there's a hot new recruit at your precious café~"

   "Just because someone's hot doesn't mean Nagito will fall for him. He's falling for me, you even said so yourself a moment ago!" I shoot back.

   "Ah-but-but! No, it's no true obstacle unless I make sure he falls for the new recruit~" 

   "Seriously!? You're going to fuck with his emotions again?! That's twisted! Why can't you just leave him alone, he's going through enough right now!" I scream in her face. She grins slyly.

   "Hajime, Hajime...could it be that you're becoming attracted to the human?" She teases. My face turns pink.

    "A-A-Absolutely not! He's my friend!" I insist. 

   "Such a vivid response for someone who wants someone to believe they don't have a crush on anyone...anyways enjoy your new employee! I sure know Nagito will~"

================================================================================

   "Hrrh? ...Ah, Morning Hajime. You're up early." Kaede says in a mumble as I enter the kitchen the morning of the thirty-third day. I slide into a stool at the kitchen island and watch as Kaede gets a second mug down from the cupboard and pours me some coffee. 

   "I'm starting at the café again. I've got to get there at the usual time." I reply, gratefully accepting the steaming liquid.

   "I'm so glad you two came to a understanding! I'm so happy!" Kaede chirps in response. I nod in agreement.

   "Indeed, it certainly was tough." I agree.

   "So when are you guys going to stop dancing around each other and hook up?" She asks casually. I nearly spit off my coffee. 

   "Kaede!" I gasp. She giggles.

   "I'm past patiently waiting. Hurry up and get together already!" She huffs. I roll my eyes.

   "How about you deal with your own romantic life and stay outta mine?" I grumble. She sniffs.

   "My own romantic life is fine. Miu and I are very happy." She replies with a slightly-braggy tone.  

   "Huh? I didn't know you had a girlfriend!"

   Kaede sticks her tongue out at me.

================================================================================