You Tell Me You Love Him I Give You A Grin

(Lyric chapter titles go brr-this is the third one am I good)

  "No way!" I answer instantly, "It's not that bad! I can still stop things!"

   She rolls her eyes. "Sure you can, Hajime."

 ================================================================================

  I awaken to the thirty-fourth day

   Forty-five days? Yeah, right. Who would ever agree to that? Ha!-I'm not that desperate. I can win him over even with Makoto.

   I lazily kick back the covers with my feet, exposing my body to the cold air. I still feel so tired, ahh...why did I agree to go back to work, this is stupid! 

   I turn and grab my cell phone to check my notifications (don't question where he got one just reasons) and notice there's a text from Nagito. 

   Nagito: Hey Hajime, I won't make it in today, I need a mental break. I'm leaving Ibuki in charge and Makoto will be there too.

   Huh. A mental day? Well, I guess that's fair, Junko has been fucking with his emotions a lot the past couple days I'd need a rest too.

   Hajime: Alright. I'll come check on you after work, no arguing. 

   Nagito: I couldn't possibly ask you to do such a thing for me. I'll just see you tomorrow.

   Hajime: No arguing. I'll see you at 5:30.

   I toss my phone back on the counter and start getting ready for my shift.

================================================================================

   "ggooOOOOD NOM-NOM-NOMMING Hajime!~ Ibuki Mioda, acting manager!~" Ibuki practically screams as I walk through the door. I smile politely at her. 

   "Morning Ibuki." I nod, passing them on my way to the back. Makoto is already in the Staff Room, tying up his apron. 

   "They sure are something else." He says cordially. 

   "Gotta love Ibuki." I sigh.

   "Where's Nagito, by the way? I mean, I heard he wasn't going to be here today but I don't know why."

   Why are you so interested in Nagito's whereabouts? Do you return Nagito's forced affections?! That's no good. I'd rather he'd be with me rather than anyone else-oh my. 

   Oops. Maybe this is bugging me more than I thought. 

   "Um, he's not feeling well I think. He should be back tomorrow." I reply curtly. His eyebrows crinkle.

   "Is it his illness." He asks worriedly. I cock an eyebrow.

   "You know about it?"

   "Well, yeah, he said he made sure everyone knows because it might interfere with work sometimes." He explains. I blink.

   "Ah. Well, I think he just needs a day." I respond, finishing doing up my apron springs.

   "I hope he's alright..." Makoto mumbles, brushing past me on his way out to the workspace. 

   I can't help it, I glare after him. 

   Shut up Makoto no one cares I hope you get your fingernails get ripped off one by one and then fall out of a tree and die. 

================================================================================

      "Hajime!" Sonia calls out, jogging down the hall with a plastic container in her hands. I turn at the sound of blonde-haired beauty approaching.