Couples Night

(I want everyone to know I have a crush on Mukuro and I want to work her into the story somehow aha)

  I drum my fingers idly on the counter as I watch Nagito and Makoto converse. It appears to be going well. They're both smiling politely and chatting amicably. I glance over at the window where the the lilac-haired girl was sitting. She looked like she was getting ready to leave. Makoto better hurry up or he'll miss his shot.

   Nagito pats the shorter on the shoulder and Makoto brushes past him, crossing the room to talk to the lady. Nagito waves after him before coming back over to me. I cock an eyebrow. 

   "So, how'd it go?" I ask. He shrugs nonchalantly. 

   "Surprisingly well. We came to an understanding. Since we never declared we were exclusive we agreed that we could keep giving 'us' a try and at the same time he could as the kids say 'shoot his shot' with that pretty girl over there." He explains, gesturing to Makoto who was talking to the girl with a huge, stupid grin on his face. 

   I frown, sneering slightly but not enough to show. Are they seriously still determined to try and make it work? I mean, they seriously just met a little while ago! Besides, there's an obvious difference between the way Makoto looks at Nagito and the way he's looking at that girl, am I wrong?

   "Is that really fair though?" I point out, "He intends to date someone on the side but you're not. Are you really okay with that?"

   "It's no problem to me. Like I said, he cleared it with me first and besides we've only been out once." He replies sweetly. I sigh.

   "There's no one you'd like to pursue on the side? To even things up?" I persist. He grins happily.

   "Nope! I'm very happy!" He replies. I grunt slightly.

   "I see."

   "Well, I'm going to get back to work. Bye, Hajime!" He chirps before turning and walking away. A few moments later, Makoto comes back, waving a slip of paper around wildly. 

   "Her name is Kyoko Kirgiri and I love her! She's studying to become a professional detective! It's such a power move!" He gushes.

   "She sounds wonderful. My friend Shuichi is studying detective work as well. They'd probably be good friends." I respond.

   "He certainly would. They should definitely meet. Perhaps we should hold a get-together?" Nagito suggests, appearing behind me out of no where. 

    "You mean bring Kyoko to Shuichi's place?" I say. 

   "We can have a Couples' night! Shuichi has a boyfriend and Kaede has a girlfriend, right?" He continues. 

   "Well, if you're arranging that, you and Hajime should come too." Makoto chimes in. 

   "Hold on-wouldn't we be like a seventh and eighth wheel? And besides, aren't you with Kyoko and Nagito at the same time right now?" I point out.

   "Hajime, it's a fanfiction, logic doesn't apply so shut up." Nagito sighs. Makoto waves me off as well.

   "I think it'd be fine. Nagito, can you make the call and set it up?"

   "Happy to. See ya!"

   And once again Nagito scurries away. I stare down Makoto.

   "Nagito and Kyoko at the same time, huh? I don't think that'll be wise. I think it'd be in your best interest to choose before that night." I say firmly before turning and walking away.

================================================================================

   Nagito isn't at work the next day (the thirty-eighth day). According to the calendar he has a doctor's appointment so I don't think I'll see him today.