Make Amends And Start Anew Again

(I'm stressing myself out with this, the prompt book, and all this damn computer engineering work so would it be okay if the updates for this one are a little further apart? Just for a few days...sorry..)

   Nagito was sitting in a hospital bed.

   I mean, that one would be obvious but I'm narrating so-

   He was sitting up, propped up by several plain white pillows. He's wearing a blue hospital robe and his lower half is huddling under a boring grey blanket. He has dark circles under his eyes, likely from lack of sleep and/or exhaustion and his skin appeared paler than usual.  He had an iv in his arm as well, likely containing volume expanders. 

   He looks over at me the moment I enter the room, shutting the door behind me. I linger awkwardly by the door as his curious gaze instantly shifted into a glare.

   I swallow nervously. "Can I, um...come in?" I ask in a mumble. He lets out an aggravated sigh. 

   "I would say no but you just do whatever you want, Hajime." He responds. I roll my eyes but never less approach the side of his bed. I hold up the bouquet.

   "I got you some 'get well soon' flowers. Um, blue irises." I say, holding them out to him.

   "Flowers of hope and faith," he says in response, reaching for them, "you put thought into this then?"

   I nod sheepishly as he accepts them with careful hands and places them on the bedside table. "Thank you then. I'll see to it they're put into water. Is that all?" He sighs.

   "No," I respond, sitting down on a chair conveniently placed bedside, "I want to talk with you."

   "I believe there's nothing left to say. I appreciate you coming to visit someone like me but it's time for Hajime to go."

   "No, I want to talk about this." I insist, leaning forward slightly. The patient cocks an eyebrow at me.

   "About what?"

   I rub the back of my neck sheepishly. "I heard my Queen paid you a visit."

   Nagito's gaze hardens and his lips press into a firm line. "Indeed."

   "So...you know everything, huh?"

   "You're dead, a demon, sent here as some stupid final assignment to qualify for reincarnation to toy with my feelings and seduce me?" He lists, ticking off each point on his fingers. I sigh.

   "That's everything then. I can understand your hatred for me now. Honestly, if I found out someone was using me like this I'd be upset too. From the bottom of my heart, I'm so sorry, about this, about everything. And I'm sorry you had to find out this way." I tell him seriously, locking eyes with him.

   "You can't just say some words and expect everything to go away." He replies but I can't help but notice that his gaze softens slightly.

   "I understand. Of course you're still upset. But I'll do anything to make it up to you. And I won't flirt with you anymore. But...I still have eighty-two days left on earth. Maybe we can perhaps be friends?"  I suggest.

   "I don't think that would be such a good idea..."

   "Oh, please, Nagito, can't we just try a little?" I plead. He grunts. "Please?"

   "...I can allow you a free trial. That's all for now." He finally allows. I let out a huge sigh, relieved. 

   "Thank you. You're very generous and kind. Um...so, you're in the hospital, huh?"