Chapter 8

Blair's POV

" It's good to have you back Blair."

I didn't fall asleep so easily. I kept replaying those words before I actually fell into my slumber. I just woke up and I want to suffocate myself. Ya know?

I'm by myself in the room right now and I so part of me wishes my brothers were here. Not because I miss them, I'm just that bored that I want to argue with my idiot brOthErs.

Brothers. If it sounds weird in my head, imagine how it sounds out loud. I have chil-

A nurse walks into my room with a tray of food.

" Oh sorry deary! I thought you were still alseep." She said retreating back to the door.

" It's okay." I reassured her to not feel guilty.

" I was just going to leave your food here, I'm so sorry." She stepped forward, bringing the tray to me.

" No no its really okay!" I took the tray from her tan hands.

" Thank you." She nodded

" Oh hey um, has anyone been by today?" I wanted to know if they came to visit today.

" Yes your brothers came while you were asleep. They said they were going to get food and would be back in a bit." She smiled at me happily.

" Oh ok thank you again." I returned the gesture.

" No problem sweetheart!" She waved at me and then closed the door quietly.

I took a deep breath and looked at the food on the tray. There's a small salad with chicken in it, a red apple, and a water bottle. I knew wasn't going to eat the salad or the apple so I took the water and placed to tray on the night stand next to the bed.

I struggled to open the bottle but finally it opens. I chug down half the water in seconds.

" Woah slow down! Your going to choke. Jesus!" Austin said, waving his hands everywhere.

I choke on the water in fright. Where the hell you come from?!

I felt like I was going to cough up a lung. This is the end, death by water bottle.

Austin came running over patting my back harshly yet not hurting me. My coughing slowly stoped in a few seconds but it felt like 6 years.

" What happened! The hell you do Austin?!!" Elijah came over to the bed scolding Austin for nothing.

" Nothing!" Austin said truthfully.

I took a breath before speaking,                " Leave him alone. He did nothing. I was drinking my water and he told me to slow down so I don't choke-"

" That funny cuz I just saw you choking." Xavier sneered with a slight chuckle.

" Can you let me finish!" I yelled irritated. Xavier put his hands up and backed away.

" Anyway, as I was saying he said that and I didn't know he was there and then I choked so yeah..." I was bored and frustrated. I don't like seeing their faces but Ill have to get used to it if I'm going to live with them for while.

" So you got scared and choked on the water?" Elijah asked bewildered.

"Yep." I popped the 'p'.

"Okay just wanted to get it straight so I don't kill anyone later." He glared at Austin but he didn't seem to care.

" Anywayyyyy, you look like shit." Austin switched the topic.

" Austin no cussing in front of your sister!" Elijah acted as if I hadn't said any cuss words yesterday.

" She called me a dumbass yesterday!" Xavier said backing up Austin.

Austin nodded in a 'duh' manor.

I thanked my past self for calling him a dumbass. I'm a great deflector, can you tell?

" Well, you were being stupid," Xavier rolled his eyes " And don't think you off the hook!" Elijah pointed at me.

" I cuss more than you think or probably like. I grew up that way." I rolled my eyes shrugging.

" No. No more bad wor- hold on. Grew up like that?"

" It's not a big deal. I do what I like, not for others. I don't give a flying fuck about any rules you have. You'll see sooner or later that you actually don't like me at all." I said harshly, purposely being mean.

They all went wide eyed. " We love you though. You're our sister. We would never hate you." Austin grabbed my hand. I flinched and took my hand back quickly. The frown on all their faces were deepened at my actions.

" I'm sorry." Austin said as he retracted his hand back.

" When can I leave?" I looked away from them. It hurt me that I hurt them even if it was slightly but I can't show it. I'll always be the problem. That will never change.

" We'll be leaving around 4:30 ish maybe 5..." Elijah spoke awkwardly.

" I'm going to sleep then." I laid back down.

"Oh okay... I'll wake you up when it's time to leave." Austin said he got off the bed.

I nodded my head an turned to my side. Hearing the shuffle around I thought they were all leaving. Sighing, I stared out the window.

My mind went back to the boy. I wonder if I'll ever see him again. Part off me wants to see him again though I don't know why. Its kinda comforting that someone cares or act least someone who hasn't hurt me. It feels nice.

I heard someone walk back and sit down on the couch. I thought they all left? Who the hell?

" She's doing good. We found out that she gets into a lot of fights. We think that's why she's here." Elijah's quiet voice caught my attention.

The other voice responded but I couldn't understand what they were saying.

" She's changed. A lot. She had quite the reaction when she found out we were here. That social worker of hers is pretty close to her." He continued to whisper about me.

" Blair trust her very much. Honestly I'm jealous of her. One thing though.. she didn't know practically anything about what happened to Blair. I think she probably guessed it was a fight but didn't know for sure. I would think that was it but the way she flinched when Austin put his hand on her or the first time we walked into her room. The way she looked at us, not just anger but fear. It looked like she was scared of us." Oh shit, why do you have to use that small brain of yours?!

The other line spoke giberish. I have a feeling it Alexander on that line...

" I know that sounds weird okay but I'm telling you she looked terrified yet she wanted to be confident. She's hiding a lot behind that huge attitude. Something big and scary from how she's acting."

You can talk all you want Elijah, but you'll never find out the truth. I'm not giving up so easily.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Heyoo! How yall like that? What do you think about the brothers?

Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts!!

Future amauri:
I literally just changed the last sentence. It's not much of a difference lmao. I'm bored asf but whatever. Bye byes!

-amauri🤗