1

The soulmate mark.

Scientifically it never made sense to me, no matter how many biology lectures I sat through trying to understand the concept, it never clicked for me.

Somehow our bodies are able to produce marks that tell us who our soulmates are. Some are born with it, some get it at random times, and some people never get it at all.

Science was never my strong suit anyway, so I often just ignored how confusing it was, until I finally got my soulmate mark.

Right down my spine, letter for letter was an address. It was a pain to write down as I was alone, but 10 minutes of squinting into a mirror and potentially flashing my neighbors by not wearing a top later, I had the address of my soulmate.

South Korea.

I felt butterflies in my stomach as I looked at the address written messily on a post-it note. My soulmate lived thousands of miles away from me, basically on the other side of the world, but they were still my soulmate.

I quickly grabbed a piece of stationary paper and tried to start my letter.

What do you even say to your soulmate for the first time.

Hi. That seems too casual.

Dear soulmate? Just doesn't feel right.

I sigh and lean back in my chair, this is gonna be a long night.

Almost 30 drafts, and a waste basket full of paper later, I wrote a letter I didn't absolutely hate.

1234 Seoul, South Korea. 5678 Los Angeles, California.

I think they go together nicely, what do you think soulmate?

I've written this letter dozens of times, each one turning out worse than the last. There's pressure to create the perfect letter, something that is able to encapsulate who I am with only a limited amount of space. So here goes my attempt.

Hi, if you didn't know by now i'm your soulmate. I'm 18, a senior in high school, I live in southern California, my favorite color is purple, and this terrifies me.

I don't know much about Korea, but i'm going to learn more soon. If you don't understand English, maybe I can learn how to write in Korean? I really want to know about you. I hope that doesn't sound creepy, I promise i'm not.

Just extremely nervous and hoping you'll write back.

Goodbye for now. <3

I rereading the letter multiple times and shove it into an envelope writing down the address as carefully as I can. I drop it off at my mail box wishing for time to move faster.

It doesn't and now I have to go back and finish my calculus homework.

-:-

"Guys? There's mail but it's not addressed to anyone!" Jeongin yells through the dorm.

"Aish, why are you so loud?" Changbin complains as we all file towards the living room.

I check the address.

"It's from Los Angeles, does anybody-" I get cut off as my back burns in pain.

I fall to the floor and my members surround me. I pull my shirt off and the burning stops.

"Uh Channie hyung, you might want to look at your back." Felix says in an uneven tone.

"Hyung, you have that address on your spine." Jisung looks at me with wide eyes.

"It's your soulmate mark, it finally came." Hyunjin says.

I run over to a mirror and stare at my back. Down my spine there's an address, the same as the letter I have clutched in my hand.

"What do I do?" I ask staring at it.

"Read it pabo." Minho says.

I quickly tear open the envelope and read it as my members stare over my shoulder reading it as well.

"At least you can understand English." Seungmin says trying to lighten the mood.

My soulmate wrote this. The person who is supposed to be my other half, I know who it is. Well not really, they didn't put their name down. But it's still my person.

"I think Chan is broken." Jeongin says quietly.

I reread the letter and reread the letter. I can't believe it's right in front of me.

"I have to write back." I say. "What do I say, i'm not good with words."

"Hyung I don't know how to say this but, you're a rapper. Words are your job." Felix pats my shoulder.

I walk over to my room, ignoring the rest of the boys and pull out my notebook.

Dear Soulmate. Nope.

G'day mate. God anything but that.

Okay here we go.

Hi there soulmate. There's only one thing that doesn't sound right between those two addresses, the space between them. Thousands of miles between us, but we still share one heart.

I hope that wasn't too cheesy of an opening.

But that describes me pretty well, since you want to know what i'm like.

I'm older than you, i'm 22 years old and hoping you're not weirded out by that. I was born in Australia, but I moved to Korea when i was a teenager, so I can speak and write in English. My favorite colors blue, but now I don't think I can look at purple the same way knowing it's your favorite color.

I want to know everything about you, in a non-creepy way. What's your name? What do you look like? Do you like music? Everything you want to tell me please do.

I can't wait to hear from you.

-Your soulmate Chan.

———————————-

Hi!

I'm Lee. This is my first time making a story like this but I hope you enjoy it. I love Stray Kids and i'm hoping that you guys will like this story as much as I enjoy writing it.