Chapter 6 ~ Forensics

Alone in the somewhat dark lab me and Rei-chan zoom in on the notes that have been appearing in my desk for the past week now. Rei-chan chots down in her notebook every once in a while while scrutinising the A-6 notes.

"So what do you think?"

"Well from the looks of things it's a girls handwriting while I would also say it's someone not used to using vulgarities." She states picking up the first note and ushering me in.

"Here. The lettering here is far more shaky and not as much pressure was placed when writing." She uses a magnifying glass to point at the lettering used for the word "whore".

"So it's either her first time writing death threats or..." I break off as the door to the lab opens revealing Ronnie eating on a pack of twizzlers. He walks over barely looking at the notes.

"Ronnie how's life?" He grunts biting another piece of like the wild dog he is.

"Well I say we take pictures of every girls writing before we get a match." Rei-chan and Ronnie both look at me with 'are you serious' look.

"Ronnie you take care of the girls in the first year block, Rei-chan and Akihito will take care of the second year while Chisaki will do the third years." I pick up the note towards me Ronnie leans over my shoulder snatching the note from my hands. I assume it's for the new mission but I do catch the slight realisation donning his face.

"How are we supposed to do that?" Chisaki bounces off the door alongside Akihito on his tail.

"Simples you look at their notebooks. Everyone had to write their names on all their books." I hand everyone a note.

Everyone soon leaves except Chisaki that lingers close by.

"So how's the new boyfriend?" He teases pinching my cheeks. I sigh.

"Urgh don't get me started. If I knew he was so...so annoying I would've never accepted such a request." I whine regretting my decision on dating the number one most popular guy in school all for protection.

"I'll beat him up for you." He leans over the side leaning on his elbows.

"Violence isn't the answer." He chuckles and looks up at me teasingly.

"Oh yeah like you know any better. Rabid." He smirks before grabbing the note.

"That's a name that I haven't heard in a while." I whisper out.

~*~
Next chapter will be good