The Mystery Tail

Emma's POV

We were at the cafe and we were chatting about mermaid stuff. That's when I remembered something. That blue thing I saw. It was sorta shaped like a tail. What animal could that be? I decided to mention it to the girls. And Lewis.

"Um guys" I said. "Did you see something blue that was shaped like a tail when you were coming to rescue me?"

"No" Cleo said

"Nope" Rikki said.

"Oh well when I was down their and I saw it I swear it looked like our tails just bigger and blue" I told them.

"Do you think there's another mermaid" Cleo asked.

"But if so why is the tail a different color?" Lewis said. "Em I don't wanna be rude but I think you were seeing things".

"I WAS NOT" I said. Then I turned my head the other way and saw a boy about our age walk into the cafe. He was so handsome with blue eyes and dirty blonde hair and a really nice tan. I started to stare.

"Earth to Emma" Rikki said.

"Huh?" I said.

"You were staring" Rikki said.

"No I wasn't" I said back.

"Mhm" she responded.

Lucas' POV

I walked into the cafe and ordered a drink. I had just come back from swimming and I couldn't stop thinking about what I saw. There was three mermaids! And maybe more. I saw all their faces but none of them were as pretty as the first mermaid's. When I sat down a saw a group of girls and a guy talking. I looked at them a bit closer. Was it just me or did the one with brown hair look like one of the ones I saw in the water. I forgot about it and finished my smoothie and walked out.

Rikki's POV

I looked at the guy Em was "not staring at" and he looked familiar to me. "Hey guys" I said. "Isn't that the new boy at school?"

"What?" Em said.

"He came a couple weeks ago" I said to Em.

"Yeah I think that is him" Cleo said. "Maybe we should go say hi".

"It's to late for that now" I said as he got up and walked out.

"Maybe another time" Cleo said. She sighs. I better get back now. My dad is expecting me. See you all later."

"Bye Cleo" we all said.

"So is anyone free to go for a swim?" I asked.

"I'll come" Bella said.

"I should get back to my parents to help them unpack" Emma said. "I'll see you at school tomorrow. I'll sorta be the new girl".

"Ok bye Em" I said. "Let's go" I told Bella. And we headed out to Mako.

Bella's POV

As we swam the the familiar waters I always felt the feel of joy. I know Rikki felt the same but she just never admits it. 

"Wanna race to Mako" I said.

"Yeah, but don't be sad when you lose" Rikki said.

"We'll see about that" I said back.

As we made our way to the moon pool. I lost sight of Rikki. It looked like I was gonna win! When I surfaced on the moon pool i said..

"YES i won!" Until I noticed Rikki looking at me. "How did you get here???" I asked.

"Shortcut" she said. 

I thought, Awe man I really thought I won. Whatever 

"Race you back" I said.

"Game on" Rikki replied.

As we were swimming I saw a hint of blue. It wasn't just a fish or coral or anything else. It was sparkling, dazzling, you name it.

"Rikki stop" I called out to her.

"You don't wanna lose" Rikki said back.

"No really" I said urgently.

"Fine" Rikki said and swam back. "What is it?"

"I saw something blue. It was dazzling" I said.

"Let's go check it out then" Rikki replied.

We swam after whatever we were chasing we looked and looked but couldn't find anything.

"Hey Bella" Rikki called out.

"What is it?" I asked.

"It's a blue scale. I found it lying here. It must be recent. And feel it, it feels like ours just a bit stronger" Rikki said. 

I gasp. "Rikki" I say. "I think there is someone else that is a mermaid".

"I thinks so too but I have two questions" Rikki said. "Why is it blue and who is this mermaid?"

"We better keep a lookout. We should tell the girls and Lewis" I say.

"We better" Rikki says back. "Sorry but I gotta go to the cafe now. I have a shift".

"Ok see ya Rikki" I replied.

"Later"

Lucas POV

Wow that was a close one. Those girls almost got me. Even though they are mermaids I don't want them to know I'm a merman. Maybe I should stay away from them. They seem nice but I'm still the new boy and I don't want something to happen because I'm.. Well.. different.