The Merman

Lucas' POV

I told the girls how and when I became a merman. It was a long talk and we still weren't done but we decided to go to the cafe and talk.

Once we got to the cafe, we ordered a drink and then sat down.

"So, we know how and when you got your tail" Cleo said. "But what is your power?"

"Oh yeah right" I said. "I can't do it inside but I'll show you outside." And we all walked outside. I put my hand up. 

"Prepared to be amazed". Everyone rolled their eyes except Emma. I held my palm out and then started to squeeze it. Then the sky turned dark with clouds. It thundered and then lightning struck right in between them all. They all stepped back in shock. 

"I can make it rain but you know why I shouldn't" I said.

"Wow" Emma said. "That's a really strong but incredible power".

I looked down. "Thanks".

"So your power is to cause a storm?" Bella said.

"Well sorta. I can control the weather" I said. "But it takes a lot of energy".

"Have you ever done it before?" Cleo asked.

"Once when a brutal storm was heading our way in California. It was supposed to be the strongest storm ever. But I used my power to stop it. But I fainted and didn't wake up until three days later".

They all opened their jaws. "Yeesh that sounds harsh" Bella said.

"And yeah that's pretty much all that you need to know" I said.

"So you don't have a trident?" Cleo asked.

"Um no"

"Oh ok, I just thought you might because merman usually have tridents" Cleo replied. "Anyway, anyone up for a swim?"

"Yeah why not" Bella said. She looked at me and Emma.

"Sure" Emma said. 

"I'm in" I replied.

And then we all jumped into the water.

Emma's POV

"Anyone want to race to Mako?" I asked.

"Yeah" they all said.

"Ok one...two....THREE!!" And we all swam off. At first Bella was in the lead and then Lucas came in front. Cleo and me were behind but not by far. Then I lost sight of Bella. I swam faster and faster trying to beat Lucas. Cleo was trying to do the same. Right before we got to the moon pool, I cut in front of Lucas and he had to slow down. I swam up and into the moon pool. 

"I WO....Oh" I said. Bella was sitting there waiting for us.

"How??" I asked.

"Shortcut" she said.

Then Lucas swam up followed by Cleo. 

Lucas looked at me. I smirked. And then I smiled. Lucas then smiled.

"Um... ok, Cleo maybe we should go back out" Bella said.

I then stopped looking at him and looked down.

"Nice race guys" Cleo said. 

We all dried off. Then Cleo's phone buzzed. She picked it up.

Lewis' POV

I called Cleo. Where were they. Didn't they know the moon was supposed to rise soon and they were going to meet at Cleo's house.

Hey Cleo......Where are you.......oh......I thought we were meeting up. The moon is supposed to rise soon.......ok see you soon. I hung up. I can't believe it. Cleo and Emma AND Bella forgot about the full moon tonight. Then the doorbell rang and Mr. Setori opened the door. Rikki came in. 

"Where's the girls?" she asked.

"They forgot it was the full moon but they are coming soon" I said.

Cleo's POV

"Guys it's the full moon" Cleo said. "We totally forgot and it's at MY house".

"Oh no. We better get there fast" Emma said.

"What's special about the full moon?" Lucas asked.

"Um go crazy if we see the moon" Cleo said. "Does it not happen to you?"

"No" he said. 

"Hmm... maybe it doesn't effect merman?" Bella said. "Whatever we need to go".

"Your welcome to come Lucas" Cleo said.

"Ok thanks. I'll just tell my parents and I'll be over soon" he said. 

Then we rushed out.