The Reveal

Lucas' POV

We all ordered something to drink and started to chat. Mostly about school since that was where we all just came from.

Finally we got our drinks but as the waitress sat them down a little splashed on Emma's hand. She looked at the others. Her eyes wide. She looked at me and I knew she would have to make a run for it but she didn't know that I knew. She quickly ran to the bathroom. Then they all noticed.

They looked at me.

"Um.. I'll go see if she's alright" Cleo said. And she got up and walked to the bathroom. Rikki, Lewis and Bella looked at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Oh um nothing" Bella said. Then another boy walked in around our age. When he saw us he started to walk over.

"Hey Will" Bella said. 

"Hey" he answered.

"Will this is Lucas. You know the new boy at school" Rikki said.

"Oh yeah hi Lucas" he said. "I'm Will".

"Hi, it's nice meeting you" I replied. And he sat down next to Bella.

Cleo's POV

"Em?" I called.

"I'm over here" she said. 

"What happened?" I asked.

"Some juice got on me" she replied. "You didn't notice but Lucas did. I bet he thinks I'm weird now."

"I don't think so. He didn't look shocked. I wonder why" I told her.

"I'm almost dry. Can you get more towels" Em said.

"Sure". And I ran over to get some towels. "Here".

"Thanks" she said.

Rikki's POV

Oh gosh. She must've got some juice on her. Good thing she got there in time.

"I'm going to check on them. They've been in their for a while" I said. And I walked to the bathroom.

"Hey let me help dry you" I said as I walked in.

"Ok" Em said. And I walked over  and she let me in. I put my hand over her tail and clenched my fists. 

"There nice and dry" I said.

"Thanks guys" Em said. And we walked out.

Lucas' POV

I saw the three girls walk back out and they sat back down.

"All good?" Lewis asked.

"Yep" Em said. She glanced at me. "I better go now. See you later." And she walked out.

"I better go too" I said. "Bye".

"Bye Lucas" they all said. I walked out.

On my home I kept thinking about the incident. But once I opened the door and saw my family in the living room I forgot about it.

"Lucas!!!" my little brother John screamed.

"Hey" I said as I ruffled his hair.

"Honey where have you been. School ended a while ago" my mom asked.

"Oh yeah sorry. I met some new friends and we met up" I said.

"Oh that's wonderful honey!" she said back. 

I walked upstairs to my bedroom and flopped on my bed. I started to think of Emma.

The Next Day

Lucas' POV

I started out my day by heading to the cafe to get a drink. After I finished I walked outside and saw Emma talking to a girl. As the girl walked away, a boat came by really fast and Emma got splashed with water. She looked around and saw me. Her eyes opened wide but then she just jumped into the water. I took off and jumped into the water.

Emma's POV

I was talking to one of my friends from swim team. And that's when it all started. She walked away and then I was soaked. I looked around and spotted no one...except Lucas. I widened my eyes but I had no choice. I jumped into the water. I started to swim off until I heard a splash. I turned around and Oh my gosh. It was Lucas. He looked at me and then something happened. Something magical. He turned into a mermaid...or should I call it a merman. I was so shocked. He stared at me. I stared at him with my jaw open. How was this possible!!?? Then he swam off. I swam off a second later to Mako Island.

Rikki's POV

I couldn't stop thinking about that scale me and Bella saw. What could it be? Is it another mermaid. If so, why is it blue? There was so many questions. I headed towards the cafe to start my shift.

Emma's POV

I arrived at Mako and saw that no one was there. I decided to head back and tell the girls that Lucas was a merman. 

As I swam I wondered how this was possible. I guess magic is..........well magic.