Questions And Answers

Emma's POV

I swam as fast as I could. I had to tell them. I went to the beach and saw no one was around. I hauled myself out of the ocean and sat there to dry. Dry, dry, dry, DRY. After a little bit I was dry and I pulled out my phone. *Calls Cleo* Hey Cleo... Meet me at Rikki's Cafe.... Why?...It's important just come. *Hangs up* I start to head to Rikki's. *Calls Bella* Hey...Yea...Is Will with you?...I need you and Will to come to the cafe....Ugh something really important. Be there as soon as possible. *Hangs up* 

*Calls Lewis* Hey Lewis....Yes everything is alright but I have something important I have to tell everyone....Lewis it is more important than fishing....Ugh Lewis, you're always fishing....Come to the cafe..Ok....Bye *Hangs Up*

That took awhile to call everyone.

I soon arrived at the cafe and saw no one was there yet. I saw Rikki and headed over.

"Hey Rikki" I said.

"What?" she answered.

"We need a chat. Like I already called everyone to come here" I said.

"Is it really important. I'm in the middle of my shift" Rikki said.

"It's about..". I looked around. "Mermaids." I whispered.

"Oh ok. Give me a sec".

Then Cleo and Lewis walked in. I motioned them over to a booth.

"Ok we just need to wait for Bella and Will" I said as Rikki walked over.

Then Bella and Will walked in. They walked over.

"Em what is so important?" Bella asked.

"Ok everyone is hear. Listen up." I said. "You know how I saw something blue in the water and Rikki and Bella saw a blue scale?"

"Yeah, so what?" Rikki said.

"I think I know what it is" I looked around and started the story. "I was talking to one of my friends on the pier outside and once she left a boat came by and splashed water on me." They all opened their jaw. Cleo gasped.

"Did anyone see you?" Cleo asked.

"Just wait. But no... well sort of." Cleo began to say something but I cut her off. "I jumped in the water and a few seconds later I was a mermaid. Then I heard a splash and turned around."

They all gasped.

"I turned around and it was Lucas."

"Oh gosh he knows our secret!" Cleo cried out.

"I'm not done yet. We stared at each other and he didn't seem shocked. Then he turned into a merman with a blue tail!"

They all looked at each other. 

"But how?" Lewis asked.

"I don't know" I said. "But he swam off before I could say anything".

"Then we need to talk to him" Bella said.

I pulled my phone out and called him. "His phone is turned off".

"Then let's go to his house. He might be there or his family might know where he is" Lewis said.

"Sorry I have to do my shift" Rikki said.

"Oh yeah sorry Rikki" I said. And then we all ran out of the cafe.

As we were walking to his house I thought... Well I guess some of our questions got answered. But It just raises more. When we got to his house I knocked on the the Greene's door.

A man opened the door so I was guessing it was Mr. Greene. He looked at us.

"Hi can I help you?" he said.

"Hi I'm Emma and this is Cleo, Lewis, Bella, and Will. We're friends of your son Lucas" I said. "And we were wondering if Lucas was home".

"Oh come in, come in" Mr. Greene said. "I'll call Lucas down".

"LUCAS!! There are some people down here for you" he shouted.

We saw Lucas come down.

Lucas' POV

I was on my bed. Did I do the right thing? Yes you did. It was going to come out sometime. That's when I heard my dad call me down. I walked out of my room and down the stairs. Just as I expected it was Cleo, Lewis, Bella, Will, and Emma. I was guessing Rikki was at her shift. I knew there was no avoiding this. 

"Thanks dad" I said. I gestured them towards the door. "I know what you all want. A long talk so let's go to the beach". They all nodded.

Once we got to the beach, I started to talk.

"I guess you told everyone" I said to Emma.

"Yeah" she said.

"So how did you become a merman?" Lewis asked.

"No first of all why weren't you shocked when you saw Emma?" Cleo said.

"I was swimming  and I saw Emma first and then you and Rikki. I was shocked at first. When you got your hand wet Em, I knew you had to run but I didn't say anything. I didn't know if I should tell you or not that I was a merman. And then when I saw Emma get wet, I just didn't think and I ran to the water and jumped in".

"So that was you that I saw when I was at Drayton's Reef, wasn't it" Emma said.

"Yep".

"So how long have you been a merman?" Bella asked.

"I've been a merman for 7 years. When I was a kid, my parents were away doing work, so I decided to explore an island we were on at the time. I found this cave and inside there was a pool of water. It was so magical I decided to get in. Then, the pool started to bubble and little bubbles floated up. And then the next day I went into the ocean, and I was a merman" I explained.

"Wow" Emma said. I noticed she was staring at me. I looked at her and she looked away.

"So you've been keeping your secret from everyone for 7 years until now" Lewis said.

"Yes" I said. 

"Well then looks like we have another mer in our group girls" Cleo said. I looked at her. She looked at me and smiled. I smiled back.

I was officially in their group now.