16

:::minah:::

As I am still surprised with what's happened, Taeyong grabs my hand and we quickly head out of here. Outside, not far away from the hall, Taeyong stops and turns around facing me. He holds my hand as his eyes look into mine deeply. I can see the regret on his face.

"Minah, I'm... I'm sorry.." He shakes his head slowly. "I didn't mean to knock him off like that. I'm not violent." He says slowly with a shaky voice.

I know he's afraid if I think of him as a violent person. And I know he isn't that type of a person. He looks sad and regretful. I don't want him to feel bad. I quickly grab his shoulders and hugs him gently, comforting him.

"I just want to protect you." He puts his arms around my back, hugging me back.

"I know. It's okay, I'm fine now." I rub his back gently as I try my best to comfort him.

———————————

:::taeyong:::

"What is this?!"

I look out the window as I play with my hands.

"I left home for only two weeks and you punched a boy many times? You're bringing disgrace to our family!" There it goes, another lecture from dad. But this time he looks extremely serious. His eyes look into mine furiously as he puts his hands at the waist.

"Look, I was just trying to-"

"Silence." And of course, he cuts me off. Mom sitting beside me rubs my arm softly. I must've disappointed her which I hate it. I know she understands why I did it but maybe my actions were wrong.

"Do you know how much amount of effort I put to get to be one of the university's high committees? And know my son brings bad reputation to my name. I'm very ashamed of your actions." He sits on the couch opposite me and lets out a sigh.

"I'm sorry. I know I made a mistake. Look, it's going to the first time and the last time I did that."

"And the last memory of you being there." A stern look displays on his face.

"What? What do you mean?" I look at my mom in confusion as I sense guilt inside her eyes. I look at my dad in confusion, hoping for an answer that will not break my heart.

"I'm sending you to a university overseas. Canada." He says in a serious tone. He's kidding right?

"Honey.." My mom utters softly to my dad.

"What? Why? I know I made a mistake and I'm sorry. I won't do it again. You can't just-"

"My decision is final and I've confirmed your place in the university. You'll be leaving to Canada next week. Monday." He gets up and leaves us as I follow his steps.

"Dad, you're not serious, right? I'm doing well here in Park Win University. My grades are good, I'm active in sports and a lot of stuffs. Cmon you can't just kick me off because of one mistake?" Dad keeps walking, completely ignoring everything I say.

"Dad, I make my own decision. You can't-"

He stops and turns around, his eyes look into mine. "I said my decision is final." And with that he walks away, leaving me completely speechless as I let out a huge sigh.

Why? I'm just starting to get to know Minah better and this happens because of one silly mistake?

——————————

That evening, I am walking downstairs to get some snacks when I overhear the conversation between my parents. I hide behind the wall as I focus on what they're saying.

"Honey, I think you're going a lil bit too far there. Taeyong is a grown-up, he gets to decide his own path?" My mom speaks softly.

"I know. But I want him to learn his lessons. Do you know how many times the members call me regarding the issue? They say the students are spreading the footage of him punching that poor guy."

Tch, those damn kids.

"He was just tryng to protect a young lady..."

"He gets all violent because of a girl? He's distracted by a girl, again. That's why I'm sending him overseas. He gets to be independent and learn a lot about life. Plus, his cousin Yoona is there so he's not completely alone."

Blaming Minah for what I did? No way. I walk towards them.

"Minah has nothing to do with it. She was harassed by an idiot so I did what I had to do." I speak up. "Yeah.. maybe a lil too aggressive.. but still, she's not the problem here."

They seem to be a bit surprised by my sudden appearance.

"If you're thinking to change mind, that won't work." He walks past me, followed by my mom as she stops beside me.

"I'm sorry, darling. I talked to your dad but you know.." she rubs my shoulder gently as I only smile weakly at her. She seems a bit surprised by my action. By my smile?

"I like her." I say, not looking into her eyes. "Minah. I like her. I am just starting to get to know her and now dad did this."

Mom smiles as I finally look at her. "So she's the reason you have your sweet smile back?" I shrug as I chuckle. Yes, she's the reason.

"Mom, please..."

Mom hugs me. "I'm sorry, darling. Maybe that's the best for you."

I don't want to leave this place. I don't want to leave my friends. I don't want to leave Minah.

———————————————

short update :/