20

:::minah:::

It has been 4 months since I work here, a book cafe. You can eat meals and desserts with a cup of coffee or tea while enjoying the tranquility of reading a book. It's crazy how my life has been. I graduated as a business major and there was a point in my life where I wanted to own a book cafe. Ever since that, I worked part-time as a barista, cashier, any job you name it to save money until I graduated.

I know I am blessed with wealth because of my father and grandma but I wanted to stand on my own feet. It wasn't until I found out that my father was secretly having a project to open a book cafe, for my own sake. It was about 8 months before I graduated. I was kind of mad initially, afraid of what people might think of me if I take advantage of my family's wealth.

I decided to give all of the money that I saved to my father, for the project. After all, that was what the money is for, to open a book cafe. We planned together about the design, name and everything. I promised my father I will repay him one day but he just laughed at my words.

So here I am now, working at the cafe. Trees & Tea Book Cafe. But, I'm not the owner, though.... yet....

"Minah." A finger snapped in front of me. It was Jessie, my coworker. "What are you thinking of?"

"Oh I'm sorry." Jessie is busy serving the the plates of meal onto the tray.

"It's fine. Here, table 17." He pointed the tray with her mouth, asking me to serve it. I adjust the cap on my head as my hands begin to grab the tray.

I walk towards the aforementioned table as I see two people talking and laughing to each other. A file on the other side of the table, hm probably here for a lunch plus work meeting. As I reach the table, I greet them and serve the table.

"Hi! Here's you order." I give a broad smile as I serve. I look at the woman who has beautiful curly hair and for a second I think to myself about how pretty she is.

"Enjoy your-" My heartbeat stops for a second as well as my mouth when I meet those eyes of the man. "-meals." At the same time, those eyes look deep into mine as his face freezes. I quickly pick up the tray as I leave the table.

As I walk away, I try to glance at him just to make sure I'm not wrong as I see him also glancing at me.

——————

:::taeyong:::

I look at the watch at wrist as it shows 1pm. The meeting is finally over and the people leave the meeting room slowly. Yoona stands up and walks towards me. Yoona is my cousin and she's a year older than me. Maybe two. I don't really care. We both studied at the same university in Canada and surprisingly we also happen to be working at the same place.

"You down?" Yoona asks. We planned to talk about a project over lunch. She's been working at the company here for over a year while I just started. She's assigned to guide me throughout my first 3 months here.

"Yep." I answer shortly. The meeting was kind of boring but well, work is work.

"How 'bout we go to this one book cafe. I know you like that kind of place." She elbows my arm and chuckles. "We used to spend a lot of time together in Canada so I sort of know a lot about you. You're like my lil brother now." She plays with my hair as I grunt slowly, giving her a sharp look in the eye as she only laughs. A little smile forms on my face.

We reach at her car as she quickly goes to the passenger door and takes the seat. I grunt loudly this time.

"You're driving!"

"What the hell?! I don't even know where that place is?" I roll my eyes as I open the driver door, not getting in though.

"I don't care. I sit here first so you drive." She closes her eyes and rests her head. Annoying, but I'm used to this behaviour of her.

As we reach the cafe, I take a look at it. I like the style. It's kind of familiar somehow.

We enter the cafe and I love the interior design already. The scent inside the cafe is also mesmerising. We make our orders at the counter and take a seat somewhere nice.

"I can't believe you're only ordering for a glass of water. What? You're on a diet now?" Yoona looks somewhat pissed off and I can't really tell if she's joking or not.

"I did order my food-"

"Coming all the way here, your favorite kind of place, just for glass of water?!" Yoona continues babbling as I begin to open the file beside me. "I mean, it's on me. So can't you like order a more fancy drink??"

"So you're ignoring me now? Hahaha I'm just joking. Cmon dude." She takes the file from my hand and closes it as she giggles. I don't know what's even funny. "Oh our food is coming!"

"Hi! Here's your order." I look at the meals in front of me. Looks yummy. I look at the waiter's face as I want to thank her but it catches me by surprise. "Enjoy your-" My whole body freezes as  the only parts of my body that's moving right now are my eyes, as they look into hers.

How I miss seeing those eyes.

—————————

I was silent while we were eating.  We talked about the aforesaid project but I couldn't keep my focus. My mind was filled with the encounter with Minah.

Wr have just finished eating and we both get up to leave. As I walk straight to the door, Minah walks past me as we both stop, unexpectedly. I turn around to face her as she does the same.
She smiles a little, not wanting to look very awkward. Yoona is already outside as she doesn't seem to notice me here.

"Hi." I greet. A smile is shown on my face. Yes, I can smile now.

"Hey."

I look around as my eyes then stop at her. "Urm I see you working here?"

"Yeah, it's been 4 months now." Her hands rub against each other. "Oh and you're coming with your girlfriend? Do you guys like this place?" She asks as her eyes sparkle.

"Oh no she's-"

"Hey can I get an extra plastic bags?" I stop talking as I am being interrupted by a young man asking Minah for a turle-killer thing.

"Sorry I gotta go back to work. Urm I guess I'll see you around." She waves goodbye and goes straight to the counter.

I wave back and leave.

There are so many things on my mind right now. There are just a lot of things that I want to know about her. Most importantly, I wanna know if she still feels the same about me because I think I do. After all, I have been waiting to meet her once I get back to Seoul.

————————

Sorry for any mispelling, I didn't check

give me votes!!