Chapter 12

"Ife why aren't these plates washed?" " Mama as you can see,I'm pregnant and I can't do any chores. Well you're not pregnant,so you can do the chores and so ma,my baby is hungry can you make me some food please."

"Are you crazy ni? GET UP FROM THERE NOW AND DO THE HOUSE CHORES!" (Ife slapped mama) "Woman I told you I'm pregnant and you're telling me to do chores. You can ask your useless daughter in-law to do it. Me, I no be Ada!! Ants dey bite my head. Crazy dey for my head. If you try any nonsense with me I go mess you up."

"Ife why will you slap her na?" "Ada or whatever you call yourself, stay for your lane and I go stay on my own. Let everybody for this house mind their busy." " No vex,mama I'm going to the hospital to visit Dayo,it's been weeks and I haven't gone there yet." "Aje,stay here now. Oya go and wash those plates and clean the house."

"Mama,I'm heavily pregnant and can't do anything and today isn't my day." " Do you think I care, go wash those plates now!"

"Adaego what are you about to do?" "Good afternoon mommy, she said I should wash the plates and do all the chores for the house." "Woman you dare tell my daughter to wash the plates and do the chores when this whore is sitting here about to ruin someone's marriage!!! Your son is in coma and you didn't bother to go check on him again. And you what are you doing here?? You put yourself in her shoe;what if your own husband cheated on you and the woman became pregnant?"

" When my husband is not mad ni. Not if his village people dey do his destiny. The reason why your son in law cheated was because your worthless daughter couldn't satisfy him. He was hungry and I gave it to him."

"Ada I'm staying here with you for a week. I won't let any useless people come and kill you for me."

Ada's mom is a single mother who raised 3 kids. Two males and one female. Her husband died in a plane crash in the UK. So she doesn't take nonsense when it comes to her only daughter.

"You can't just come to this house like that and not inform us na." "Last time I checked you never owned this house. And I'm about to get y'all facts straight now;Adaego built this house. Dayo didn't drop a dime. She can kick you two out of this house if she wants to,but because I trained her up very well and she listened to me. You both think you can enter a lion's den and leave without getting scratch!! Well let me tell you,No. I am Chioma Abara and I don't take nonsense when it comes to my kids."

"Madam who you be for this Nigeria, that you're being so adamant?" "It's like you don't no me. If you hear Chioma Abara, you'd run.My daughter you'll regret messing with this marriage. You'd regret ever knowing Adedayo." " You think your threats scare me."

"It fit be like you never hear my name for this street." "Ife don't insult my mother." "Abeg Aje shut up. No wonder ,you get your behavior from her. I don't know why you had to lie that your useless daughter built this house. My son owns this house and it's under his name." "It fit be like you don't know wetin dey go around for this place. Woman this be Lagos, sharp up, use your brain and think. If you no dey smart for Lagos, you can never be smart for anywhere else."

"Mommy let me take you to your room." "Ada is this how they treat you here? "Mum yes. This is just the least."

"This is why I told you to go and stay in the UK and find a man there." "UK dey something else ooo. The last relationship I had the guy dupe me. He escorted with my stuff and I never found him." "My daughter listen to me...don't insult them or do anything ok. The holy water worked at least;pregnancy looks good on you." " I want visit my

husband." "Ok I'll cook for you."

📐📐📐

"Nurse, I'm her for Dayo." "I remember you, the same room Madam."

"Dayo I know you're somewhere in there and I know you can fight this battle. I don't want to be a single mother. I want us to raise this child together. Adedayo I love you." Tears start dripping out of her eyes.

"You've made it through soooo many things. If you leave me in this wicked world;people will start saying I killed you. All kinds of names. Your mom will torment me and your child for the rest of all lives. She will take everything we built together. I remember when you used to say when loving someone it comes with pain.

"We're both going through this pain. You're in a coma and mama and ife are fighting. Let me gist about what happened today. Ifeoluwa slapped your mom today because she didn't want to do house chores. Your mom told me to go and do it and my mom came in and started arguing with her. Me and you will make it through this suffering together. When we made our marriage vows we said for better for worse. We went through our good time together. Now it's time to go through our bad times together."

Love is like electricity. If you really love someone stay with them through their good and bad times. There are some people out there when someone is going through their bad times they will disappear into thick air. Won't even bother asking you how you made it. Tell me what y'all think about this chapter and will Ada mom pepper Dayo's mother and Ife? Please press that star button for me biko!! Yes the one that looks like a star. Oshey Omo! Till we see again cupcakes😘.