Chapter 17

" My back dey pain! ADA! MAMA! My back."
"What happened?"
Breathing hard "My water... My water broke."
"Ada bring the car key! Witch bring the car key!"
"Ok.. ok ma!"
"Ife one step at a time."
"I... want to sit down. I can't go anymore."
"You can't have your baby here."
"Ife you're almost to the car. Just a few more steps."
"Driver take us to the hospital!! FAMILY HOSPITAL!

"Nurses come out please someone's in labor."
"Aunty come down and take it easy."

A few hours later......
"She gave birth to a baby boy."
"Olorun o seun( Thank you God)" "when can we take her home doctor?" "Right now, just need to clean up."

Home
"Ada, go cook pepper soup and boil hot water and I will do the rest." " Mama, I can't I'm really tired and my due date is in a couple of weeks."

" Se o ya were ni ( are you mad) ?" "Kedu udi nwanyi a bu ( what kind of woman is this)?" " If you speak one more Igbo language again, the slap I go dash you ni!"

"Mama, leave Ada alone. She is heavily pregnant and her water can break any minute from now. Please mama can you put my son in the room and cook me food?"

So, ife how do you plan on doing the baby naming? Who are we going to call and the colors we'll wear?"

"I was planning on you to give birth, so we can do it together and maybe the color can be white." " I love that idea, you better go and feed your baby. I'm going to see my husband."

"Let the driver take you. I insist Ada." " Alright."

Hospital
"Madam, Your husband is awake. He woke up a few hours ago."
"Adedayo is wake?? My.... my husband is awake??? Take me to his room?"

"Ada!!!" " Dayo!!!
Dayo carried his wife up in the air.
"You can drop me now."
" Your stomach... it's now really big. When is your due date??"
"It's in 2 weeks' time. Ife gave birth to a baby boy today."

" That's amazing... Ummm..... how was she treating you and how's my mom?" "You can ask them when we get home."

" Ada, I don't want to go home now... Ummm I'm going to stay in the hospital for a week, but can you do me a favor?"

"What is it???"
"In my closet, you will find this black duffle bag. Bring it to me, by tomorrow."  "Okay, I love you.

************
"Yes, on that day I don't want any mistake. 

"Anyone that's stop you finish them."

************
"Baby here's the duffle bag and I don't know why the bag is really heavy. I also brought you food and some clothes."

"Ada thank you, but can you stay away from that house for 3 months please. I need to fix something.

I will explain everything, but I'm doing this for us and our unborn child. Promise me you won't step foot in that house, Ada?"

" I promise.... but I need clothes and baby stuff too.

" Take this paper and stay in that location. That your male friend whatever his name is can follow you, please. There is 2 million naira in a gray bag in that house and clothes.

You can ask one of the maids to buy the baby items for you.... please don't leave the place and don't tell anyone."

" Your scaring me Dayo.... "
"ADA YOU WILL UNDERSTAND LATER."

Well, don't forget to press the star button and leave a comment in the comment section.  I know this chapter might have been long, but forgive me if it's too long guys. Until we see again cupcakes😘.