❄Ch. 16: Hush❄

~Character Info~

Quirk: Winter's Breath

Hero Name: Frostbite

Hero Costume: long white sleeve shirt, blue shorts, long blue sleeveless coat w/ white fur that reaches a bit past the hips, and white knee-high boots w/ short heels

Occupation: Pro Hero/Sidekick

Affiliation: Hawks' Agency

Age: 20

Height: 5'2"

Hair: Long and white styled into two ponytails w/ bangs

Eye Color: Turquoise

Likes: Iced Coffee, Ice Cream

Dislikes: the heat

Fears: Heights

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

The downpour continued to get worse as (Y/N) and Hawks walked through the alleyways, trying their best to shield themselves from the water with the roofs of the buildings overhead. Her fur-lined hood kept her long white hair from getting wet as she tried to keep pace with the red-feathered hero in front of her. They were currently on their way to an old warehouse believed to be one of the sites for creating Nomu.

"You sure have been quiet all day (Y/N)," Hawks pointed out to her as he slowed down a bit so she could catch up. "Is there something wrong? You know you can tell me anything."

"No, nothing's wrong Keigo," she assured him as she pulled her coat's hood farther over her face. "I'm perfectly fine."

That was a total lie. Did he notice the dried tears? Of course, he did.

"Don't lie Frosty," he told her in a serious tone, his gold-brown eyes trying to make contact with hers. "I know something's wrong."

"Y'know what? We should really talk about this later yeah?" she responded nervously as she started to increase her walking speed. "C'mon, the sooner we get this mission over with, the better."

Hawks shook his head, still unconvinced that (Y/N) was telling the truth as he followed her to their destination at the end of the alleyway. Upon approaching the building, they found the front doors to be completely shut off as expected. The two heroes then made their way over to the back where he kicked in some old wooden boards so they could let themselves inside.

(Y/N) explored one half of the warehouse's first floor while Hawks took over the other. There wasn't much in the run-down building but these large glass containers which stood at the center of the main room. They were all empty. Some of them still carried liquid while others had a pile of wires spilled out onto the floor. Whoever had been here had left in a hurry it seemed.

So these were holding Nomu huh?

"Keep an eye out," Hawks warned her as he flew up to the open second floor. "It looks clear but someone or something could still be lurking around."

"Right," she answered as she made her way over to one of the back rooms. "Doesn't seem like there's much here though."

"Keep looking, I don't wanna go back empty-handed," he insisted as his eyes scanned the top floor's surroundings. "Something will turn up."

Hawks noticed it first from where he stood by the second-floor railing. He couldn't call out to (Y/N) for fear that she'd get attacked so he hoped she'd turn around but she never did.

As (Y/N) headed over to the back room, that's when she saw it. This large black shadowy mass. It appeared to be in the shape of a human but the dark vines that protruded from its body said otherwise.