❄Ch. 19: Birthday Blues❄

~Character Info~

Quirk: Winter's Breath

Hero Name: Frostbite

Hero Costume: long white sleeve shirt, blue shorts, long blue sleeveless coat w/ white fur that reaches a bit past the hips, and white knee-high boots w/ short heels

Occupation: Pro Hero/Sidekick

Affiliation: Hawks' Agency

Age: 21

Height: 5'2"

Hair: Shoulder-length and white w/ bangs (R.I.P. long hair ;-;)

Eye Color: Turquoise

Likes: Iced Coffee, Ice Cream

Dislikes: the heat

Fears: Heights

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

Slices of (Y/N)'s favorite cake were being passed around the dinner table after her family had finished the birthday meal Fuyumi had prepared for her. She tried to focus on enjoying her food and cake but the absence of a certain individual in the room upset her. This was supposed to be a special day and she had wanted Keigo to be a part of it. Even if the events that transpired at the old warehouse hadn't happened, she knew he wouldn't be there now since she had taken his heart and split it in two. Her disappointment didn't go unnoticed by her siblings who tried to cheer her up. All they knew was that the blonde was in the hospital at the moment but she didn't go into any detail since they'd only end up worrying about her safety. Lying about how she had gotten her stitches had already been hard enough.

"He's late," Natsuo complained as he dug his fork into his piece of cake. "He shouldn't be missing something as important as this."

"It's fine Natsuo. Shouldn't we be used to it by now?" (Y/N) brushed off his comment, having barely touched her dessert. "It isn't a big deal anyway. I'm just another year older."

Probably wouldn't have lived to turn 21 if it weren't for Touya though...

"Of course it's a big deal!" he argued back.

"How about we all just relax and enjoy the cake?" Fuyumi cut in before her two younger siblings could start arguing with each other. "It's (Y/N)'s special day after all. I'm sure dad will be here soon."

Better change the subject and fast.

"Shoto, so how was it like getting to train under your big sister for the day?" (Y/N) asked as she turned her attention to the youngest of the family. "You guys did an amazing job helping me round up that gang of villains."

"I had fun, it was a nice change of pace getting to see your quirk in action after so long," Shoto responded with a smile before sliding his fork into his mouth.

"I'm glad," she smiled back at the boy as she pushed her piece of cake to the side. "Though I could have done without Bakugou's constant shouting."

"Well now that Hero Work-Studies is over with, we'll be back at the U.A. dorms tomorrow," he added as he finished up his dessert.

"Same here, it'll be back to college for me," Natsuo sighed, jumping into their conversation. "The classes I'm taking this semester are super tough."

"At least you don't have to teach class," Fuyumi laughed as she began stacking the empty plates onto each other. "Oh, I've been meaning to ask but why the new haircut (Y/N)? You've always preferred it long."