7- "Too Good To End"

•••

Harry and the others were called for questioning. The rumors reached several people under the ministry of magic, making the situation worse.

"Could you explain why you were out of bed last night? And even started a fight with the other students !" Professor McGonagall paused waiting for a response.

"3 of my students were injured by this incident..!"

"Professor we--" Harry answered but he was cut off by Snape.

"Perhaps you are like your father, thinking that you are gonna get away with this... Rules are Rules Mr. Potter, we do not tolerate any misbehavior." He said with his usual monotonous voice.

"The 6 of you out of bed, I don't understand... Something is not adding up! Considering the massive damage you've done to your schoolmates..."

Harry looked at Hermione and she finally had enough of it.

"Professor with all due respect, (y/n) was harassed and none of you even bothered to take any action! If we didn't arrive there in time, you wouldn't know how much damaging that is for her!" She said breaking into tears, she empathized with you so much. This made everybody else in the room silent.

"Harassed?" 

"Yes, by your precious Slytherins!" Hermione almost shouted she was really angry.

"It was wrong that we were out of our rooms past bedtime but if we didn't do that, would you be able to accept the guilt that you could be receiving if what they did to (y/n) went any further?" Hermione let out her frustrations more.

By this time, Dumbledore interfered and decided to let the students go. They wanted to take the matter seriously and were firm on his decision that they would investigate further.

Snape was stunned and was worried that he might end up dead if Asmodeus came to know about this. Hermione looked at him sharply as if he wanted to punch him the same way she punched Draco last year. The 6 of them went out of the room as she desperately wanted to calm down.

Everybody who was left in the room stood silent for a minute or two and then continued to discuss the matters at hand.

•••

"She hasn't left the bedroom..." Harry sadly informed Ron and Hermione as they all looked concerned.

"If only I was allowed to stay and look after her, I didn't mind at all..." Harry said full of regret in his tone.

"It's not your fault Harry" Hermione paused, "it was so unlikely to happen, considering that we are at Hogwarts and the ones who did it were prefects--bloody disgusting" she continued as she expressed how horrified she was.

"Maybe... I and Ginny can help her?" Hermione suggested.

"But she's not talking to anyone right now..." Harry answered, unmotivated.

"Let's give it a try, maybe she'll be more comfortable with us," Hermione replied. "--Not that she's uncomfortable with you, but she might just warm up with us you know... having girls around?"

"I'm with Hermione on this one," Ron said with a nod. Harry looked at Hermione and he sighed, "I guess we'll see then..." he said as hope glisten in his eyes.

"I'll probably refresh my mind as well," Harry said as he left the dormitory.

•••

Hermione opened the door gently and she took a peak at you first before entering fully with Ginny.

"We hope you're hungry... We bought you some Dinner" Ginny spoke softly.