14- "The Party for Three"

"It's good to see you being obedient Maxwell," you heard Umbridge's voice from behind you as she walked away, not caring about joining the dinner further. She seems like she had other businesses to attend to, considering that she is working with the ministry.

"Doesn't seem like I had a choice," you told her out loud but she ignored you.

"You alright?" Draco asked as both of you took a chicken leg from the food bowls.

From the opposite table, Ginny gave Hermione a nudge using her elbow and signaling her to look in your direction. Both girls were invested in the story now that Harry looked suspiciously calm.

They suspected that Harry's coping mechanism and issues were chasing him and finally catching up. They knew his mind might be getting twisted, they were afraid for him, and they didn't want to think that he might be turning evil.

"Whatever he's thinking about, I feel like it's not good," Hermione whispered to Ginny.

Harry kept thinking about how Draco stole you from him. If Draco had the guts to do it, then he was determined to do twice the bid or even stand as equals in terms of sharing you. Either way, he's just focusing on getting you back no matter what it takes.

Harry made himself promise that no matter what happens, he will make you his again. He couldn't imagine how much advantage Draco has over you, he wanted him to lose yet he was already settled with the idea he asked you about.

His eyes turn to a cold stare, smirking at the thought of his hands snaking around your body again, embracing you tight and kissing you. He knew he wasn't supposed to add any more complications in his life as he was already full on schedule of being the chosen one. But in his eyes, you are his chosen one.

He ended his daydreaming by silently nodding to Draco Malfoy as soon as their eyes had met for a brief second.

~

Despite the stares that you were getting, you gravely wished that things would just go back to how they were.

Dinner then resumed like normal, although you were still hoping that Dumbledore would interfere with the switch since there was never a case like this at all. However, he was absent in most instances that had happened this year so far.

You were lost in your train of thought when you felt Draco slide something towards you on the table.

"Did you forget?" he asked as you scanned the box.

"Happy birthday!" he said with a smile and you thanked him.

You opened it and it was a hair brooch with beautiful black diamonds embedded in it.

"I love it, thank you!" you said happily.

Harry kept stealing glances at you and saw how people were circling over you.

"Oh my god! Was it her birthday today?" Hermione asked and Ginny looked at your area. They saw how you began receiving gifts unusually.

"Was she that popular with Slytherin?" Ron asked curiously.

"Well she is a Maxwell, her family is from the sacred-twenty-eight," Hermione answered.

"I see, that makes sense. Her family has always been Slytherin," Ron said nodding while continuing to munch down a sausage.

"It also makes sense now," Ginny Whispered to Hermione which sparked curiosity in Harry.

Hermione and Ginny had this understanding regarding the ring that they had seen upon eavesdropping.

"It feels as if they are welcoming her home, like finally..." Ron speculated that both ladies agreed with him.

"I don't recall her ever telling anyone of us about her birthday?" Ginny asked and Ron nodded his head in agreement.