9- "The First Time Twice"

•••

"Are you sure you're alright?" He asked you for the nth time this day.

"Yes, Harry" you answered still pretty politely as you could clearly see he was so concerned. He was too afraid that he might've hurt you yesterday.

"Harry tell me again," Hermione asked.

You were with Harry and his friends figuring out what his clue meant. Maybe if the two of you weren't so busy fucking yesterday, maybe you could've solved what he needed by now.

"Come seek where our voices sound"

"The black lake, that's obvious," Hermione said walking around.

"An hour-long you have to look"

"Again obvious though..." she paused trying to figure out what else is there to say.

"If it's the black lake, then you'd probably be swimming in it. Looking for a treasure or something" you told Harry.

"...I was about to say potentially problematic," Hermione said as you probably solved what the task was about, all Harry needed now was probably a potion or sort.

"Potentially problematic? When was the last time you held your breath under the water for over an hour Hermione?" Harry asked out of pressure and anxiety from his upcoming task.

You made soothing motions on his back and he seemed to soften and relax from it. He put his hand to rest on your thighs and he smiled at you.

"Look Harry, we can do this. The four of us can figure it out " Hermione reassured.

You felt sad too knowing that you don't really have something to help Harry stay underwater.

Mad-eye moody appeared at the doorway and approached the four of you.

"Hate to break the scholar session but professor McGonagall would like to see you in her office--not you Potter, just Granger, and Maxwell"

Ron was confused because he didn't hear anything from him in one bit.

"But sir, the second task is only hours away--" both you and Hermione chorus.

"Exactly! Presumably, Potter is well prepared by now and could do with a good night's sleep. Go Weasley, Longbottom!" Professor Mad-eye said.

Neville then awkwardly appears from behind a shelf and the 3 boys continued on.

"Why don't you help Potter put his books back"

•••

Neville blabbed some herbology things and Harry couldn't care less. Ron on the other hand was just there awkwardly skipping rocks.

"Neville, no offense but I don't care about plants. Now if there's a Tibetan turnip that will allow me to breathe underwater for an hour then great" he said as he was clearly tensed up again.

"I don't know about a turnip but you can always use gilliweed" Neville answered in hopes to help Harry.

•••

The Weasley twins were busy taking bets from everyone as Harry, Ron, and Neville were walking together. They were discussing how Neville had his doubts if the gilliweed would last over an hour.

With the event now starting, everybody was anticipating what could possibly happen with the 2nd task.

"Welcome to the second task. Last night something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sorts. These four treasures, one for each champion, now lie on the bottom of the black lake. In order to win each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface. Simple enough. Except for this, they will have one hour to do so and one hour only. After that, they'll be on their own." Dumbledore announced.