13- "All of Us, Together"

"This is unbelievable," you said disappointed.

"They keep spreading lie after lie" you expressed your dismay further due to the fact that your ex-boyfriend has been painted as an attention seeker.

"First is Umbridge and now the Ministry!" Ginny whined with you. 

You found yourself hanging out with Neville and Ginny most of the time now. Cho has been very distant and is often with Marietta Edgecomb. You couldn't put a finger as to why. From time to time Hermione and Ron would share how Harry has been distancing as well. And with Draco, you decided to stay away from him as having any relationship regarding the two of them

You were so hopeful that he'd still have feelings for you, however with how he was behaving you weren't really getting the answer you wished for.

"You have a visitor..." Ginny commented as he spots Draco coming towards you with a letter.

"Not with letters again please," you told Draco.

"Well hello to you too," he replied putting his hand on top of your head.

"May I speak to you in private?" he asked as he glared at Ginny and Neville.

"I don't want to if you keep treating them like this," you said and hesitantly stopped his glaring in which Ginny glared back at him to mock him.

Ginny then she gestured for Neville to come with her. But they thought about sticking close enough to hear the conversation.

"I already told you that I don't care about the letter," you said but he was insistent.

"You really have to, I already received enough howlers for you to dodge this," he said in defeat.

He handed you the letter with a pleading look and you took it hesitantly and opened the envelope. He saw your surprised face and he knew what was coming at this point. He expected you to get angry yet you were somehow calmer than expected.

"So an engagement?" you asked as both of you stood in the same spot.

Hermione was passing by when she spotted Ginny and Neville seemingly eavesdropping. She tapped the two of them and she was told to hide and listen in.

Draco kept silent as you continued to look out the distance. You were actually not mad at this, you thought this might've been what was planned for you. Not because of your parents but rather the choice you always asked the answer to all this time.

"I was planning on doing it properly but I guess my father had other plans," he said as he took out a ring carefully kept inside a hidden pocket on his necktie.

"Draco-" you stuttered, "why me?" you asked.

"Well despite how messy this is, I really want to be with you," he answered vaguely.

"You don't have to answer now, however, my father said, you have until the end of the school year," he tried joking.

"I can't-" you said trying to convey your answer but he shushed you.

He then put it inside your skirt pocket and whispered "let me know." Followed by a small kiss on the forehead. He then walked away as he met up with his friends not far away from you.

Hermione and Ginny were very surprised, Neville couldn't hear much as the two ladies were so into listening in.

You thought about the ring inside your pocket for the rest of the day. You were always told that when you love someone, you'll know the answer immediately. But how could you? You love both of them. Waiting and hoping for Harry while you could already be settled with Draco.