Act V: The Brother's Wrath

That was all he needed to see. Beerus separated himself and Omega Shenron from the world of his memory. A flash of bright light flared around them, and they were back where they were earlier, Omega Shenron still on his knees.

"Rise, Shadow Dragon." Beerus commanded. Omega did as he was told, getting on his feet.

"Much destruction you have wrought... I'm honestly not sure what to say." Beerus looked up at the sky. "I'm not sure what his family will think, either..."

Omega recoiled somewhat. "He... Has a family?"

"Yes." Beerus answered. "Two brothers: One youngest, one eldest. Now you will have to face their wrath. I will lead you to them. Take Kayl's body with you, for they will want proof, and a way to put their souls at ease."

# # # # # # # #

Planet Agni – Glyphs Enclave...

Nine-year old Ruco looked up at the night sky, from the front yard near the Saiyan dwelling where he lived with his brothers. The evening wind blew through his spiky black hair, making his loose casual clothes flap in the wind.

He wished Kayl would get home soon, trying not to worry about him. Kayl had come of age two years ago, leaving on the same day. The day after his girlfriend died. Meaning that the second oldest brother Naeb could not keep him "cooped up" as the younger-older brother put it.

He could not understand why his brother was trying to prove himself all the time. Naeb said he'd understand when he got older, and that was six years ago...

"Ruco!" Naeb called, standing on the back porch in his old-style Saiyan armor. "Come inside! It's getting dark out! Stay out any longer and you'll catch a chill!"

"Aww, Just a little longer?" Ruco asked. Naeb sighed and walked out into the front yard. He sat down next to Ruco, the breeze blowing through his Mohawk.

"Worried about him again?" Naeb said.

"Yeah." Ruco replied. "I just don't understand why he has to prove himself to you. To everybody. I know it has something to do with dad, and you said six years ago I'd understand when I was older. Well, six years have passed. I'm nine going on ten, and I'm no closer to an answer to that question."

"Usually I'd say, 'give it time,' but you have been patient, so I'll try to explain it as best as I can. Back before we found this place, before you were born, I was in the military. Kayl wanted to join up with me but was too young to join the military himself. Not to mention when I joined, there was a great war. I was called forth to serve our king, which meant I had to leave home. When I came back, I had many tales I shared with dad, as did dad himself. This made Kayl very whimsical of me. Proud, too. I remember him saying, "Just wait until the next war. Then I'll have tales to tell just like you."

"Unfortunately, there were no more wars. Thanks to Freiza and his destruction of our planet. That's when you were born. As we fled our dying planet in our spaceship, mom gave birth to you, and died. Dad died shortly after when the ship crash-landed here. People always said they were inseparable. Guess it was true to the letter...

"Me and Kayl were devastated when mom and dad died. I asked him one day when he was trying to train beyond his limits if that was why he was pushing himself so hard. He said it was only a small part. He still wanted to have tales to tell of battle, of great victories to bring honor to the family. I tried to tell him that it didn't matter anymore, that there were no great Saiyan wars to be fought, but he didn't listen. Said he didn't care.