Act VI: Final Test

As Naeb and Ruco listened to Beerus' and Whis' story back at the house about Omega Shenron, they were saddened. Kayl gave his life to either try or stop this beast that was now sitting outside the house.

"So why is he still alive?" Naeb asked. "Why didn't you kill him?"

"Let's just say I'm giving him a chance to change." Beerus said calmly with a grin.

"Hmm... I see what you are getting at." Naeb brought some tea to the table, with several cups. "Karino tea?"

"No thank you." Beerus declined politely. "Though I appreciate the gesture."

"Second that." Whis replied.

"What about the Shenron guy?" Ruco asked.

Naeb looked at Ruco with a raised eyebrow. "...Just be careful around him. I'm not losing you to him as well."

"Don't worry." Ruco said. "I don't want to fight him. Just talk."

Ruco then took two cups filled with tea and went outside.

# # # # # # # # # #

Omega stood out in the field near the house. His body was sore from the test with Naeb, though it was slowly recovering. He was lost in his thoughts again as the pain throbbed in his body and joints. He walked forward into the center of the field, pain shooting up from his legs, causing them to buckle. All through the pain, he held onto the thought of being able to fix what he had done to Kayl through Beerus' trials. But what about Earth? What could he possibly do to fix Earth? Was it even possible?
"Hey!"

Omega was brought back to the presence by a voice. He looked behind him. Ruco was there, holding two cups of a drink.

"Uhm...Here." Ruco gave Omega one of the cups. Omega stood there for a few moments, looking at Ruco with confusion. He took the cup into his hands, and they sat down in the field.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Karino tea." Ruco said, smiling. "It's one of Naeb's favorites. One of mine, too. He always says it has healing properties and that it's good for you, though I really haven't noticed." Ruco then took a small sip from his cup. Omega followed suit. The tea had a soothing effect on him. It was a little bitter but didn't taste bad to the point it was unpleasant.

"Why did you come out here?" Omega asked. "There's got to be a reason besides offering me a drink..."

"Because you are alone. It's never good when someone is left alone." Ruco said.

"You seem to have the same viewpoints of your brother..." Omega said. "I don't know why he let me live..."

"He must have had a good reason. Even though he got angry easily. But there's probably a way to bring Kayl back. Otherwise, that Beerus guy wouldn't be here." Ruco said.

Omega looked at Ruco with surprise. "...You have a sharp mind and wit about you." He replied. "Yes. Beerus says if I can pass his trials, he will bring Kayl back to the living. That's why I didn't fight back against your eldest brother. I would have failed if I did."

Ruco grinned. "I knew it."

Omega Shenron looked at Ruco. "I don't understand this, though. Why am I even being given this chance?"

"Why not?" Ruco asked. "Everyone deserves at least one chance at redemption, if they want it bad enough."

Omega looked down at the ground. He felt it stronger than he did before. He wanted that redemption. He wanted it so badly. Young Ruco made it seem so simple. Perhaps it was. Perhaps it wasn't.
Omega took another sip of the tea. Worthy or not of redemption, only time would tell.