Red Silver

"Mommy! I want to see mommy again!" A young girl about 12 cried while a man with blond hair held her, tears threatening to spill from his eyes. "She'll be here my sweet girl, she'll come back. I promise." His voice was heavy and swollen. She cried more and more. (Y/n) watched from a window while occasionally looking at a slightly cracked glowing silver gem in his hand. Pocketing the gem he silently chanted a spell which made the duo glow red and quickly fall into a slumber. "You'll learn in time child." "Shadow." (Y/n) went into the ground and came out somewhere else, somewhere even Ozpin himself wouldn't dare tread. "I'm not one to step where I do not belong, that does not mean I can't do it." He rose from the shadow of a chair with a women in red clothing sitting on it. The women in red sat at a table with more people, the most *interesting* looking being a women with paper white skin, red pupils with black sclera. "Witch." The black eyes women leaned back with her hands laced on her lap. "Sylph..." He chuckled at the name as he slowly made his way to her, standing behind her. "I've the bijou of silver, cracked but spilling with vim and vigor. You've gotten sloppy." He walked to the opposite end of the table. "The deaths of the Blesses Ones have helped you. No longer can they see the Aruka." 

"Aruka.." She repeated, recalling it. "Yes. Though you are no longer of the living..." He narrowed his eyes to her chest. "A putrid and rotting soul festers yet you do not let me incubate it back to its health." She slightly rolled her eyes. "I need not of your *incubation* Sylph." He turned from her and the rest. "Yes, I have long since given up." He snapped back with his hand raised in her direction. She was raised off the ground with a golden light around her. The rest shot up and went to attack (Y/n) but only hit a bubble barrier which was invisible but flared up every time it was hit. "Salem, this will not kill you but it'll hurt." Using his other hand he grabbed the one up by the wrist. "Nature's Oath, Expulsion of Immortality." Her eye widened at the small chant and soon began to suppress yells of agony as wisps of golden light went into her body, they burrowed in for a few seconds and came out, in the wake of the small golden wisps were black veins which now scarred her body. "The chance of us crossing once more is slim to no-" He was interrupted with a thin crescent diagonal purple energy coming to him, choosing not to react fast enough he let it cut his right arm off. His arm flopped on the floor and he sighed. His wound didn't have time to spill blood as it steamed and promptly closed up.

"Quite impressive, you managed to steel yourself in such a short time." He picked up his arm and it evaporated into a blue smoke. "I'll have to come back and have a cup of tea. You might be enjoyable to talk to now. Shadow." He went into the ground and left them all there, in shock. (Y/n) was back at the home of the small girl and blond man. He saw them both still asleep but with a red blanket over them, looking else where he saw a girl with elegant blond hair with a sad smile. He stared for a while longer then turned and walked into the depths of the forest.

(Morning)

The same small girl began to stir until she slowly opened her eyes, realizing she's being hugged by someone she identified it was her father. She remembered what had happen last night, tears almost began to spill but she looked up with a serious face which she was trying not to make into  a frown. Taking a deep breath she woke up her father. "Huh? Whaaa?" He yawned and saw his daughter. "Oh, hey sweetie." She smiled and gave him a big hug which he returned. They both got up and stretched, releasing moans. "Gosh, I don't even remember falling asleep." He too was hurting and wanted to begin silently sobbing thought unlike his daughter he was much better at hiding it. "So what do you want for breakfast?" She lit up. "Cookies!" Her already messed up hair was messed up more by a light ruffle. "How about some pancakes instead?" She nodded repeatedly and left to the second story of the home to use the toilet and brush her teeth. 

Once she was gone his shoulders dropped and he put a hand to rub his face while sighing heavily. "It'll be fine dad." He jumped at the voice and saw his other daughter. "Morning honey." She leaned on the door frame that was near. "You okay dad...?" He chuckled and nodded slowly. "Yeah... yeah just a bit tired from waking up." She knew it was lie but said nothing instead she walked up to him and gave him a hug and kiss on the cheek. "So. Pancakes?" "Yeah? Any special requests?" She turned and walked into the kitchen "Nope!" He made a small grin and followed in.

--------

(Shorter Chapter, also thanks for the near 500 reads.)