13

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

──-ˋˏ☂︎ˎˊ-──

"SHE'S SUFFERED a severe laceration to her larynx," Grace explained to them as she held her hands to Allison's neck. Freya stood back and watched with the others, still in complete shock. Nobody really knew what happened, obviously Allison couldn't tell them the true story yet, but Freya had her own theories, and she was sure everyone else did, too. "One of you will need to give blood."

"I will," all of the guys said in unison, shoving past each other to get closer towards Allison.

"No, I'm doing it," Luther announced, rolling up his sleeve.

"I'm afraid that's not possible, dear boy," Pogo said. "Your blood is more compatible with mine."

"Don't sweat it, big guy," Klaus reassured, patting his arm dramatically. "I've got this. I love needles."

"Master Klaus..." Pogo started. "Your blood is, how do I say this? Too polluted."

"I'll do it," Diego volunteered, coming to stand next to Grace. The blonde held out a needle, and he immediately fainted at the sight of it. Freya rolled her eyes.

"Idiot," she murmured. "I got it. We have the same blood type anyway. It only makes sense."

Freya sat in the chair placed next to Allison's cot, face scrunching into a wince as Grace injected her arm with the needle, pinching her skin. Her head felt like it was spinning, and when she was nearly positive she was about to lose consciousness, Grace removed the stick from her arm, lightly patting her cheek. "Brave girl. Do you want a lollipop?"

Freya forced out a grin, ignoring how she felt like she was about to fall out of her seat. "Yes please."

"The bastard that nearly killed our sister is still out there with Vanya," Diego muttered a few hours later, pacing around the living room. Freya tucked her legs under her as she shifted to get more comfortable on the couch. She was glad she didn't have the urge to pass out every time she stood up anymore. It was safe to say that she was feeling back to normal. "We need to go after her."

"Vanya is not important," Five told them, limping to stand in front of the coffee table.

"Yes she is," Freya shot back. "She's a Hargreeves. Stop treating her like an outcast. Again."

"Yeah," Diego agreed, nodding his head once. "That's a little heartless, even for you, Five."

"I'm not saying I don't care about her," Five argued. "But if the apocalypse happens today, she dies along with the other seven billion of us. Harold Jenkins is our first priority."

"Yeah," Diego sighed. "Yeah, okay. Freya, come on." He stood up and offered her an arm, briefly, they both stared at each other in a mutually shocked silence, before he recovered and dropped his hand back to his side. "Let's go."

"Can you guys count me out?" Klaus asked as she pushed herself up from the couch. Freya shot him a look, her brows furrowed together. "I mean, you know, no offense or whatever. It's just, I kinda feel like this is a whole lot of pressure for newly-sober me..."

"You're coming," Diego said shortly.

"No, no, no," Klaus shook his head. "I mean, I think we can agree that my power is pretty much useless. I'd just be holding you guys back."

"Klaus, get up," Five ordered.

"You can't make me," Klaus sneered, and Diego abruptly threw a knife that landed in between his feet. Klaus reeled back as the room fell into a thick silence, and Freya shifted awkwardly on her feet. Finally, Klaus sighed. "Then again, a little exercise couldn't hurt."