15

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

──-ˋˏ☂︎ˎˊ-──

"WHERE IS Five?" Luther asked about a half hour later, walking back inside after Allison. Freya, ignored him, and flung one of the bowling balls onto the lane, hitting five pins. Klaus gave her a proud high-five.

"He left," Diego answered with a shrug.

"Oh for the love of... Where did he go?"

"Didn't tell us."

"Well, we're not waiting around for him. The concert starts in thirty minutes."

"All right. So what's the plan?"

"Well... I think that, uh," Luther stumbled over his words, and Freya bit back a smug grin. For a guy who preached about being the leader of the group, he was doing a pretty shit job at it. "We go to the Icarus Theater."

"That's a location," Diego stated. "Not a plan." Luther opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out. "What? Is that all you've got? Look, you wanna be Number One, fine, but you're gonna have to get us on the same page, because right now we're all over the place."

"You're right," Luther nodded. "We need a plan."

Everything seemed to move in slow motion as gunshots suddenly sounded from behind them, and before Freya even had time to react, she'd already been tackled to the ground. Diego landed on top of her protectively, but he didn't seem to notice the position they were in as he glanced around the room to make sure neither of them had been scraped by bullets.

"Who the hell are these guys?!" Diego demanded once he rolled off of her, pressing against the back of the counter.

"Maybe they're here for Kenny's birthday!" Klaus shouted in response, covering his ears.

"No, I'm pretty sure they're here for us!" Luther hollered back. Freya watched as Diego cautiously poked his head out, pulling out one of his knives to throw at the gunners. The lights suddenly flickered off, and a hip song came on, one Freya didn't recognize. She swallowed as Luther grabbed one of the bowling balls from besides her, and she closed her eyes to redirect the air currents.

Freya quickly stood up, sending the wind blowing in the gunners direction, knocking quite a few of them down. She ducked back under the counter as Diego threw another knife towards their way.

"They're blocking the exit!" Klaus yelled.

"What's the plan now, Luther?!"

"Let me fireball them!" Freya offered with a grin.

"You're not fireballing anyone!" Luther told her firmly. "That's dangerous!"

"Dangerous is my middle name," Freya replied with a sadistic smile. She began to gather the flame in her hands, before Klaus grabbed her arm, and it disappeared immediately at her fear of burning him. They sprinted down the lanes. Freya nearly slipped on the isle, but she smoothly caught herself, and fell into the technical room. They hurriedly ran out of the building, stopping once they were safely a few blocks away.

Freya breathed heavily, leaning up against a lamppost to catch her breath. "I still think fireballing them would've been better but whatever."

──-ˋˏ☂︎ˎˊ-──

They made their way to the Icarus Theater, rushing into the actual performance room until Allison put a hand up to stop the boys. She gave them all a pointed look, before showing them her note-pad.

Freya and I should go alone.

"What?" Luther questioned. "I can't let you two do that. She's beyond reasoning."