3: An Unexpected Encounter

Your pov

Finally, it was the end of my day, almost. I once again stood in front of the subway tracks. My eyes wandering around the room, once again spotting the same people from this morning. The teenagers ran all around the subway station, yelling racist and homophobic slurs as if they were merely jokes.

Ah yes, a white kid saying the n-word... I wonder what his mother thinks of him? Or these "friends" of his... it's disgusting how cool he thinks he is...

Just then, the subway pulled in. Some people got off, some people stayed on, and some people, including me, got on. The subway car I stood in wasn't too crowded. Only the teenagers and the boy who draws joined me there.

Once again the boy sat just in front of me. This time, I was very careful not to snoop. I feel bad... that was really dumb of me...

As we stood there, the subway took off, and the wild teenagers ran past us. They bumped into the boys things. His sketchbook, paper, and pencils scattered across the metal floor. Immediately, I dropped down to help him.

"Oh, you don't have to..." He said.

"No, I insist. They can be little shits sometimes." He chuckled. Aww...

"Thanks," He sat back down while I stood once again, "You can sit if you'd like." He spoke, moving his bag from the empty seat beside him to the floor.

"You don't mind?"

"Not at all..." He smiled, I sat down, "What's your name?"

"Y/n, you?" Yeah... he's cute...

"Gerard," He explained, "I've seen you ride the subway a few times. Are you from Jersey?"

"Nah, I'm from Cali."

"Cali? How the hell'd you end up all way up here!?" I giggled.

"My friend opened up an imports shop. I work with her there."

"That's cool," He said, "You've got beaches in Cali, right?"

"Yeah, lots of beaches..." I spoke, thinking of it, "At least, where I'm from. The upper part's got lots of trees, it's very pretty." He hummed.

"Very cool..."

"Are you from Jersey?"

"Born and raised," He smiled, "You like it here?"

"It's nice here, but it's cold as balls," He chuckled, "So what'd you do? For work, I mean?"

"Oh I work over at Cartoon Network right now," He spoke, "But I'm not so sure I wanna stay."

"Why's that?"

"I dunno I mean," He scratched the side of his head, "All my life I've wanted to do art for a living. Now that I'm here, I've realized, it's not what I want."

"What do you wanna do?"

"Music," He thought for a moment, "Yeah... I wanna do music..." It sounded as if he decided that just now.

"Do you play any instruments?" I asked.

"Guitar, but I'm shit. I can sing though, kinda." The subway then slowed to a stop and we both stood up, grabbing our bags and/or things.

"Well, Gerard, lemme know how that works out for ya." I said as we walked off.

"Sure," I began walking again, "Wait," I turned, "Could I get your number? Or something?" I smiled.

"Yeah," I slipped out my phone and we exchanged numbers, "Well, I'll see ya around Gerard."

"Yeah, see ya!" He waved, just before we parted ways. That was... nice... he's nice... I hope everything goes well for him...

As soon as I stepped inside my little apartment, my phone buzzed. I shut the door, slipped off my shoes, and jumped onto the couch before seeing who it could possibly be.

Gerard: Hey, just making sure u got my number ok

Me: I did, see ya tomorrow?

Gerard: yesss

Me: ok :)

I smiled to myself before walking to the end of the small hallway to my bedroom. Rubbing my tired eyes from the long work day, I grabbed a set of pajamas. With just a few steps down the small hallway I slipped inside the bathroom and undressed myself for a quick shower.

With just a twist of the knob, water began spilling out of the shower head. I stuck my hand in the water to measure the temperature. Cold... less cold... warmer... warmer... yes...

As soon as my toes touched the ceramic floor of the tub, my body was submerged in the warm water. With a song stuck in my head and not much thought, I did my every day shower routine. Quiet hums escaped my lips while my foot tapped along to the imaginary beat. The water tapped along as well.

I declare I don't care no more... I'm burning out and growing bored... in my smoked out boring room... my hair is shagging in my eyes... dragging my feet to hit the street tonight to drive along these shit street town lights... I'm not growing up... I'm just, burning out... an I stepped in line to walk among the dead... dead...

Finally, I finished my routine. I shut off the water and dried off, now doing my after shower routine. Once done I now stood, staring myself down in the mirror in front of me. My eyes wandered down to the over sized shirt, once worn by an ex lover, and my black pajama pants, only worn by me.

With tired eyes I trudged into the kitchen. Left over pizza from last night was the only thing on my mind. Pizza pizza pizza pizza pizza....

"Pizza pizza pizza!" I sang, grabbing the two slices from the fridge and sticking them into the microwave, "Pizza pizza!" I mimicked the Lil' Caesar's commercial as I tapped the little buttons. The microwave went brrrrr as I sat and watched.

After just a few seconds, it beeped, and I pulled it out. Then, with my pizza on a plate in my hand, I turned out the lights, flopped onto the living room couch, and tapped around on my little phone. Only a few minutes past when I began to get bored of tapping around.

It's only seven... I'm so bored... I need a roommate or something... I can't go to bed this early...

Now I mindlessly flipped through the television channels. Bored, I set it on a random channel, and barely payed any attention.

Hmmm... another boring day... will they ever stop being this boring? Ugh... the most interesting thing to happen was the punk calling me scary... ugh...

As my mind went busy, thinking of random things, I slowly fell asleep. The tv still played quietly in the background.

OwO-
Been working on this for a few days I hope you guys like it :) How are u guys? Are u good? I hope so. Have a terrific day~peace out cheesebags