8: Friday

Gerard's pov

Just like any other weekend I did absolutely nothing. Today was Monday once again. The only thing I looked forward to was to see Y/n. The cute girl. I kissed her cheek on Friday... I hope she liked it as much as I did...

Many thoughts whirled around my brain on my short walk to the subway. A tiny smile had been stuck to my face. Y/n... I really wanna ask her out... she's so cute...

"Gerard..."

I darted my head towards her. Somehow I had managed to sit myself down on my normal bench with my sketchbook ready to go without even thinking about it. Y/n sat beside me, and I had barely noticed. My mind was too busy thinking of her to even notice her. She giggled, and my insides felt fuzzy.

"You okay?" She asked.

"Oh, yeah... yeah... I was just... thinking."

"I could tell," She giggled again, "Seemed like it was pretty important, whatever it was." Uhuh... it was you...

"Well yeah, of course it's important."

"What exactly were you thinking of?"

"You," I answered.

"Me!? What about me!?"

"Just that I uhm, I wanna take you on a date. Friday, after work," Her eyes went wide as a smile spread across her pink tinted cheeks. But she didn't answer, "Does that work for you?"

"Oh yeah! Yeah! Sorry, I just, words, hard." I chuckled, shoving away my things and standing up.

"Cool, I'll text ya the details later." She took my hand and we began towards the subway.

"Mkay," The cute girl beside me held the cutest little smile. Ugh... she's gonna be the death of me... that smile... adorable...

Just like always, we sat together in our normal spots. Her pretty eyes were on the metal floor in front of us. Then, she looked to me.

"I'm really happy you asked me out."

"Yeah, I can tell."

"Sorry, no one really ever, asks me out!"

"Really?" I asked, surprised a girl like her didn't have a dozen other guys after her. She shook her head.

"No, guys don't really like me."

"Well I like you."

"Good, cause I like you too," Her eyes never left mine, "Y'know, I almost asked you out over the weekend."

"Really!?" She nodded.

"I got nervous..."

"Aww..." I spoke as the subway doors opened. Just like every other day, we stood up, and walked onto the platform.

"See ya later, Gerard." She kissed my cheek.

"Yeah, see ya..." I waved before we parted ways. Y/n... so fuckin' cute...

My day went by very slowly. Like everyday, I was exhausted from the work. But as soon as I caught a glimpse of Y/n's face, the hateful thoughts towards my coworkers were gone. There she is...

"Y/n!" I called, she walked over.

"Gerard!" She happily called back, "Hey..."

"Hi," I greeted, just as we sat down, "How've you been?"

"I've been okay. A lot better after this morning. But, work was a pain, as always." She sighed, resting her chin in hand with her elbow rested on her thigh.

"Same here. It's been, boring, and so tiring."

"Yeah, it's like, all the days just, blend together, y'know?" I nodded, showing my understanding.

"That's exactly how I feel. Everyday, same thing, ugh. Y/n, I'm gonna quit my job. I'm gonna do it. I promise you I will."

"Gerard, you've said that just about everyday. Will you ever do it?"

"Yes!" I answered, just as the subway pulled up and we both now stood, "Not right now. But, when I got enough money saved up." She took my hand and we stepped to the subway.

"And when'll that be exactly?"

"I dunno, could be awhile," I began as we sat back down, "I've got some money saved up, but it's not quite enough."

"Alright, well, whenever you finally quit, I'll do it too."

"What? Why?"

"Cause the only thing keeping me sane these days is talking to you. If you left, I dunno what I'd do..." She explained. Oh...

"Really?" I asked, somewhat surprised.

"Yeah, I just... wouldn't be able to go on..." Her eyes were on mine, "I don't have much money saved up. But all I need is enough for a plane ticket to California and I'm good."

"When you get back to Cali, what'd you do?"

"Probably stay with my mom for a bit. Eventually find a job I actually like." She explained. I hummed.

"Cool..."

"When I go, I'm gonna miss you."

"Aww, I'm gonna miss you too..." She smiled just as the subway pulled to a stop, "What'd you miss about Cali?" I asked as we stepped off the subway.

"Oh so much," She got all happy thinking of her home, "My family, friends, the warmth!" She giggled, "Hanging out at the beach. My friends and I used to throw bonfires back in high school. We were so cool," She giggled once again, "Yeah, I miss it all."

"Sounds like it. I really hope you get there one day."

"Yeah, but for now I'm stuck here. It's so cold compared to my home."

"I'm sure it is. I'm not even from Cali and I'm constantly freezing! I can't imagine how cold you must be all the time." We both laughed.

"Well, I'll only move back to Cali if you promise to visit me at least few times." Really? Aww... of course I'd visit her... why wouldn't I?

"Only if you visit me from time to time."

"I dunno if I could, it's so cold here!" I chuckled.

"Alright, I'll see ya tomorrow."

"Yeah, see ya..." I kissed her cheek before parting ways.

Damn she's cute... I can't wait till Friday... oh it's gonna be the best... her and I... together... Y/n... cute girl... ugh... I like her so much... her kisses... when she holds my hand to the subway... or watches me draw! Aww... she loves watching me draw... it's so fuckin' adorable... can't wait till Friday... we're going to the nicest restaurant in Jersey...

As I stepped into my apartment, I had a little smile on my face. I did everything exactly as I did every night before that, until, my phone went off. Quickly, I checked it.

Cute girl: I had a nice time talking with you, I'm real excited for Friday <3

Aww... little heart...

Me: same, I can't wait to see you again! Have a nice night :)

Cute girl: you too ;)

Winky face? Now what could that mean? She must like me... like that... I really hope so at least... oh cute girl... you're gonna be the death of me babe...

OwO-
So uh, if you've uh, read the uh, read the one shot you know exactly what's gonna happen next. Smthn bad. Not just for these two but kinda for all of America it's a major event in American history that's gonna happen soon ah. Stay tuned for that. Have a pog day~peace out cheesebags