4: An Endless Cycle

Gerard's pov

With a small smile on my face, I stepped inside my little apartment. I flicked on the lights, set my bag beside the door, and slipped off my shoes. Then, I jumped over the back of my couch, landing on the cushions, and pulled out my phone. Cute girl...

Me: Hey, just making sure u got my number ok

Cute girl: I did, see ya tomorrow?

Me: yesss

Cute girl: ok :)

Setting my phone down, the little smile across my lips wouldn't disappear. I can't believe she talked to me... cute girl talked to me! Y/n... such a pretty name to match a pretty face...

Then, I stepped into the little corner my kitchen sat in, adjacent towards the right of the living room. Still smiling, I smacked the CD player sat on the end of the granite counter top. Immediately, Green Day's Dookie began to play. Billie Joe's voice sang loud, but not loud enough to disturb the neighbors.

"I declare I don't care no more..." I quietly sang along, "I'm burning out and growing bored, in my smoked out boring room..." My soft singing then turned into an even quieter hum as I figured out what I was going to eat. There's nothing... there's always nothing... ugh...

My eyes wandered over to the box of pizza I had been eating off of for the past week. The smile I had sported finally disappeared as I looked at my options. I guess it's left over pizza... again...

Pulling out the box, I flipped it open to see only a single slice left. I grabbed it and held it in front of my face. I really would eat healthier if I had the money... but it's so tight these days... again... roommate would help...

I sighed and slipped the piece into the microwave. My finger smushed against the little buttons making little beeping noises that just blended in with the music. Only a few seconds went by when the microwave beeped twice.

Then, I grabbed a plate from a nearby cupboard, opened up the microwave, and slid my pizza onto it. I grabbed a bag of chips from another cupboard and poured them onto my plate. I am so tired of only eating pizza and chips... ugh...

My bored and tired eyes stared down at the plate in front of me as I leaned forward against the counter. Every day is exactly the same... when will this cycle end? Will it ever end? Or am I just... stuck? In an endless cycle?

"Oh cute girl," My eyes had fallen to my phone, still on our messages, "I wonder what you're doing around this time..."

With only a few bites of pizza and chip crumbs on my plate, I sighed. Maybe I should order Chinese food next time... or at least... not pizza...

A small yawn escaped my lips as I set my plate in the sink. I rubbed my tired eyes, shut off the CD player, then stepped out of the small kitchen, and wandered into the bathroom sat along the wall just to the right of the living room. Shower...

Quietly, I sighed, staring at myself in the mirror above the sink. My hair stuck out just slightly from doing things all day. I yawned, and rubbed my eyes, once again. I gotta shower...

Finally, I let my clothes fall to the floor before I stepped into the tiled shower and switched on the water. Just like every night, I stepped away from the water until it was warm enough. While I did my nightly shower routine, warm fog clouded the glass door.

Only a few minutes past when I shut off the water, opened up the steamed glass door, and wrapped my bottom half in a towel.

I then did my nightly after shower routine while staring at myself in the mirror mimicking the fogged up glass door. Quietly, I hummed along to a random song stuck in my head. There was no telling of the name since I could not remember it.