7: Whatta Ya Drawin'?

Your pov

"Gerard!" I cried, walking towards his bench in the subway station.

"Y/n! Hey," He greeted, I sat down.

"Whatta ya drawin'?" Casually, I rested my head on his shoulder, gazing over his little doodles.

"Uhm, just random things..." Then, I spotted something on his page.

"Woah, is that me!?" I asked, pointing to the little doodle.

"Oh, yeah... yeah..." he drew me... woah...

"That's awesome! I can't believe you drew me..." He chuckled, happy about my excitement.

"You like it?" I nodded, "Thanks, I wasn't sure if you would." As he spoke, the subway pulled up. Quickly, he shoved his things away before standing up.

"C'mon..." I took his hand, tugging on it lightly before he finally followed me to the subway.

"I'm comin' I'm comin'!" He chuckled. We took our normal seats next to each other as the subway began leaving the station, "So uhm, how've you been?"

"Eh, I could be better. Everything's so boring these days."

"Yeah," He leaned back in his seat, "I get that. Nothing interesting happens anymore."

"Work has just, consumed my whole life," I set my chin in my palm, "But I mean, it's not too bad now I got you." I smiled, he smiled.

"Aww, yeah, I feel the same way about you."

"Sweet," A short second of silence fell over us before I began again, "Today's Friday, doing anything for the weekend?"

"Nope, I'm so exhausted from work, I really don't have the energy to go out and do things."

"Me too..." I leaned back in my seat, folding my arms, then blew a strand of hair out of my face.

"Y/n," He looked to me, "I promise one of these days I'm gonna quit my job. One day I will."

"When will that be exactly?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Dunno, whenever I feel like it." I giggled as the subway stopped. We both stood up and got off the metal tube.

"Gerard..." He hummed, turning to me before walking off. I kissed his cheek, and got one last glimpse of him before walking the other way. Aww... his face just lights up every time I do that! It's so cute... ugh... he's adorable...

"Y/n," Lu began as I stepped into the shop, "I got some calls to make, could you run the cash register?"

"Uhuh..." I set my bag in the back room before stepping to the counter and sitting on the spiny stool behind it. Bored out of my mind, I set my arms on the counter with my head in them. We've had one customer... and they didn't even buy anything...

Finally, someone walked into the store. A guy around my age. He was taller with shaggy bright blond hair and glasses. My head immediately shot up. Yes! Finally! A customer... yay...

"Hi," He greeted, coming right up to the counter.

"Hi, how can I help you?" I asked with a smile.

"Is the other girl here?" And immediately my smile was gone. Wow...

"Uh, yeah, she's in the back. I'll go get her," Annoyed, I stepped behind the curtain separating the back and front of the store, "Lu?" I asked, just as she set the phone down.

"Yeah?"

"There's a guy out there lookin' for ya." She hummed, then got up. I went back to my spot behind the counter as she spoke with him lowly at the other side of the store.

What would it be like to have guys after me like that? They're constantly coming in for her... makes me feel weird... oh but I have Gerard! Yes! He's so cute... and sweet... and his laugh... oh... I like him...

"Hey," I looked up to see my boss, irritated as the guy left.

"What was that about?"

"Ugh, he's just another guy, y'know?" No...

"That guy likes you, and you're just, throwing that out?" I asked, "He seemed nice..."

"He's okay, I guess. There's nothing special about him. Why? You wanna go after him?" Maybe I shouldn't judge her... but it's hard not to when my whole life I've had a boy look at me that way only a few times...

"No, I kinda got someone..." Her eyes went wide.

"Seriously!? Who are they!?"

"Just this guy I ride the subway with..."

"Go on! Tell me about him!"

"His name's Gerard, he's really cute. Uhm, he works at Cartoon Network but he doesn't like it much. We complain about our lives to each other on the subway." I giggled.

"Really? When did you two meet?"

"Tuesday," I simply stated.

"This week!?" I nodded, "Huh..." She thought for a moment, "Good for you. I'm happy you finally found someone."

A smile spread across her cheeks before she stepped away into the back room. I now sat, head in hands as I thought of him. Gerard... cute boy...

Nothing interesting happened all day, as usual. I left the shop, excited about my two day break and to see Gerard. Quickly, I walked down the concrete steps and walked around the platform. Eventually, I spotted Gerard sat on a bench. Casually, I sat next to him.

"Hey..." He greeted without even looking up from his sketch page.

"Hi..." I greeted back. Then, I eyed his drawings, "Wow, Gerard, you're so good at drawing!" Completely amazed by his work, I couldn't help but stare.

"Aw, thanks," He chuckled, "You should draw something." He handed me the pencil.

"Oh I dunno, I'm not that good."

"I'm sure it'll look amazing." I smiled, then took the pencil from him. After just a few scratches of the pencil against paper, Yoda appeared on the page in the form of a doodle done by me.

"Aww, that's so cute," He cooed, looking at it, "You're not bad."

"Thanks..." The subway then pulled up. Once again, he was shoving his things away as I lightly tugged on his fingers.

"C'mon!" He sent a smile.

"I know! I know!" Finally, he followed me to the subway. But this time, two teenagers sat in our normal seats.

"This is madness," I spoke as we sat in different seats, just a few feet away, "We sit there every day! They should know they're our seats!" I cried, angrily.

"Yeah, I know right. This just feels, wrong," He looked to the floor as he spoke, "Since when do the teenagers sit at this time anyways? Aren't they usually like, jumping around? Being obnoxious?"

"Usually..." I sighed, "Dunno what's different today."

"They're still being loud, just, in our seats." We now sat in silence, sending irritated glares at the teenagers who didn't notice us at all. Annoying teenagers...

Finally, the subway came to a stop. Gerard and I entered the station, but I stopped him before we parted ways.

"Have a good weekend." I said.

"Yeah, you too..." Before I could even attempt to lean in to kiss his cheek, he leaned in and kissed my cheek instead. Then winked at me, before waving, and walking off. I smiled, then did the same.

Gerard... maybe I should've asked him out this weekend... who am I kidding!? I couldn't do that! Maybe next week? Yeah... I'll ask him next week... maybe...

OwO-
Sup guys, hope you liked the chapter. I had fun with it :) Have a brilliant day~peace out cheesebags