6: Are You Alright?

Gerard's pov

My footsteps where loud as I descended the concrete steps. Only one girl was on my mind. Y/n...

As always, the teenagers laid on top of each other on a bench while others began entering the station. I took my spot on my normal bench, and began sketching in my sketchbook.

"Gerard?" I gazed up at her, she held a sad smile on her face.

"Hey," I greeted, worried and confused, "W'sup?"

"Well, I've been thinking about what you said yesterday," She began, sitting next to me, and looking to the concrete floor, "And, well, I agree with you. I don't want to live the rest of my life stocking Japanese plushies." She looked up at me, waiting for some sort of response.

She looks tired... exhausted... there's bags under her eyes... they're puffy too... has she been crying? Oh, Y/n...

"That's, good," I said, "You really shouldn't have to spend your whole life on something like that." She sent a toothless smile to the floor.

"I really needed to hear that from someone."

"Uhm, are you alright?" She hummed, looking to me.

"I'm okay, just, tired."

"Aren't we all these days?" Just then, the subway pulled up and we took our normal seats together. I gazed over at her, she just stared intently at the floor, "Are you sure you're okay?" She just shook her head.

"Not really," She sighed, "I sobbed on the floor over the fact that I might actually spend the rest of my days at the imports shop last night." So she did cry... oh Y/n...

"Oh, I'm sorry," I held a comforting hand to her shoulder. Without any warning, she hugged me. Surprised, it took me a second to hug back. Wow... she feels so nice...

"If it makes you feel better, I'm probably stuck in my shitty little job too," I chuckled, "We'll both be stuck in our shitty little jobs and have to ride this shitty little subway together until we die." She pulled away with a sad smile, then giggled a bit.

"The subway part isn't too bad," I smiled, "We can suffer together." She giggled.

"Yeah, eventually we'll both be little old people riding the subway together." I chuckled.

"Aww, you'll be so cute." She cooed. Cute? Aww...

Just then, the subway began to slow down.

"Well, thanks for making me feel better." She said as we both stood up with our things.

"Of course, I'll see ya after work?"

"Uhuh..." We got off the subway and began to part ways, "Gerard! Wait!" I walked back to her, she quickly kissed my cheek before walking the other way. My fingers felt where her lips had been. Woah... aww... she kissed me... she kissed me! Oh Y/n...

A smile was drawn across my lips as I began my walk to the ferry. Can't believe she kissed me... I hope she does it again sometime... Y/n...

My smile wouldn't disappear as I sat in my usual spot on the boat. It wouldn't even disappear when I got into the office. There was no use in trying to work today, she made it extremely hard to concentrate. Sketching away, I had found myself mainly drawing her.

"Hey Gerard," Dan came over to my work area, "Still working on the dinner chimp?" I turned around, a smile was still present across my face.

"It's called the Breakfast Monkey, and yes. Now if you'd so kindly please go bother someone else for a change that would be great." He sent a confused look.

"You seem... different..."

"Different?" I chuckled, "I'm just happy. But it'll probably go away in a minute."

"Why's that?"

"Cause you'll still be talking to me." He just scoffed and walked away.

All morning long my mind was on her. Lunch time finally came around and I sat in my normal spot, ate my normal food, and sketched random things in my sketchbook, like normal.

"Gerard?" I hummed, looking up with a smile, "W'sup?" Johnny asked.

"Nothing much, why?"

"You just seem, really weird." I sent a strange look.

"Weird?" He nodded.

"You're like," He thought for a moment, "Happy..."

"I guess I am a little." Cute girl...

"That's cool..."

"Ay Johnny!" Someone called, and he was gone. I like her so much...

Finally, lunch ended, and I went back to my job. My big smile still hung around my face as I mindlessly doodled. I can't wait to see her again...

It felt as if I had only been drawing for about ten minutes when it was time for me to leave and I began putting my things away. Quickly, I left the building, humming, and thinking of the girl from the subway. Still can't believe she kissed me... she's so cute...

Eventually, I got onto the ferry and rode back to the main land. As I did so, my foot anxiously tapped on the concrete floor, awaiting my arrival. I couldn't even bring myself to draw. Y/n...

Swiftly, I made it off the ferry and down to the subway underground. Almost immediately, I tried to spot her. Then, as soon as I did, I held my hands around my mouth.

"Y/n!" I called, then moved my hands. She turned around, and immediately smiled, walking towards me.

"Hey, you seem happy." She giggled. Yeah... cause of you...

"Oh well, I guess I've had a good day." We both smiled. Just like everyday, the same people stood around while the teenagers bounced off the walls. But, we took no notice to them, only to each other.

"Cool, my day was alright," She began, "I restocked the snacks today. It was, fairly boring." I hummed.

"Sounds boring, I did what I do everyday at work."

"What's that?"

"Sketch for ten minutes, then space out, and hope my bosses don't catch me." She giggled, just as the subway arrived. The two of us got on bored with matching smiles.

"You seem happier than you were this morning." I said as we sat down.

"Cause I am," She began, "Thinking of us as old people riding the subway somehow made me feel better."

"Really?" She nodded.

"Mainly cause, if it really happens, I'll always have you to keep me sane." I chuckled.

"And I'll always have you for me," She smiled at this, "Like you said, we can suffer through this together."

"It's nice to know I'm not alone." She is so cute...

"Yeah, I dunno what I'd do without you."

"Aww..." We exchanged smiles as the subway came to a stop. Both of us got up and onto the platform, "Gerard?"

"Yeah?" I asked, turning to her. She kissed my cheek once again.

"See ya," She smiled, before walking away. Holy shit, again!? Woah... that was amazing... please do it again...

I stood on the platform for a good minute before finally, taking a deep breath, and waking home. Cute girl... Y/n... I'd be happy to waste my life on endless work days if it meant seeing you for those few minutes on the subway...

OwO-
Awwwww so cuteeeee. I really like this book. I have a lot planned, it's exciting. Now that I think of it, it might end up being over ten chapters at the end, but idk. I don't think it'll go to twenty tho. I have a short, set story so that's why it'll be shorter. Kinda like what I did with Hey Angel Face and Visitant. Anyways, Have an amazing day~peace out cheesebags