5: Man, This Sucks!

Your pov

Another boring, plain day of work had come to an end. I stood in front of the subway tracks with no sign of Gerard. Where is he? Talking to him has been the highlight of my day lately... I hope he shows up...

Taking one last confused look around, the subway pulled up. I sighed, and got on when I heard the sound of fast footsteps against concrete. Just as the doors were closing, Gerard slipped through, and sat down.

"What happened to you?" I asked, now taking a seat beside him.

"Ugh, I got held up on the ferry. Something happened with the boat, I dunno exactly." His breathing was heavy from running all the way here.

"I'm happy you made it," I smiled, his gaze went to me as he smiled back, "So, what's going on with you?"

"Nothing, like always, you?"

"Same here," I spoke, "It's kinda sad. Neither one of us are satisfied with our lives yet here we are, coming home from our boring jobs just so we can make rent," I crossed my legs, rested an elbow on it, with my head in hand, "Talking to you is the only un-boring thing I do all day."

"Aww, I feel the same way," I smiled, "And, yeah, I totally get that," He spaced out for a moment, then began talking again, "One of these days, I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna walk right into my boss' office, and quit to be in a band."

"Really?" I asked, not believing him.

"Yeah..."

"Why not, do it tomorrow?" He shook his head.

"I need time. But it will happen."

"Gerard, I'm having a really hard time believing you." I said, standing up with my bag in hand as the subway came to a stop.

"One day it'll happen! And maybe, one day you'll be able to go back to Cali where it's not as cold."

"That sounds nice, but it'll never happen." The doors opened and we both stepped off.

"Why not?" He asked.

"Cause, I got rent to pay, food to buy, and all that stuff. I can't just, leave." I said.

"Yeah, I understand. I just... I dunno if I'd be able to live with myself if I was stuck at a boring desk job all my life, y'know?" I nodded, we stood in the middle of the platform as people got on and off the subway.

"I get that, and I sure as hell don't wanna spend my whole life shelving Japanese plushies. As much as I don't want it, I still have to."

"Uhuh..." He nodded.

"Man, this sucks! Even if I hadn't moved I'd be stuck at a boring job, but at least I'd be warm!" I cried, now rethinking my life choices more than ever. He smiled.

"How is Cali? Is it nice?" He asked.

"Of course, I loved it there. All those days at the beach, driving around forests when we'd visit the north, and Disneyland! So many trips there." I said with a smile.

"Wow, I'll have to check it out when I'm a big time rock star." He chuckled.

"Yeah, maybe one day I could show ya around."

"That'd be nice."

His eyes stared into mine as silence fell over us. We both stepped closer to each other. Our lips pulled close to each other like magnets, that is, until a static like voice spoke loudly over the intercom, startling both of us. Oh shit... we almost kissed... woah...

"Oh, uh," He began, quite nervously, "I'll... I'll see ya tomorrow?" He stepped backwards.

"Yeah... yeah... tomorrow..." We both waved, then parted ways with rosy cheeks.

That was nice... talking to him... but a kiss!? I barely know the guy! I know somethings... but not enough to get romantic with him... even if he is cute... and funny... and sweet... fuck...

With Gerard on my mind, I stepped inside my apartment, dropped my bag, slipped off my shoes, and flopped onto the couch. How long were we standing there? Does he even really like me like that? Please... I don't even know if I like him like that...

Suddenly, I felt a short vibration in my pants pocket. I slipped out my phone and checked to see who could possible be messaging me.

Gerard: hey, I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable or anything, ik that was kinda weird

Me: no you're good :)

Gerard: oh good

Gerard: I really liked talking with you

Me: I did too

Gerard: see ya tomorrow?

Me: yeah

Gerard: cool, can't wait

Me: :)

I set my phone down as I smiled and bit my lip. Oh man... he's sweet... Gerard...

With a soft sigh, I got up from the couch and began walking to my bedroom. Quietly, I hummed along to a random song as I grabbed a pair of pajamas. My sock covered toes made little noises against the hardwood floors before I finally made it to the bathroom.

Here we are... yet again... a shower... then food... then fall asleep on the couch... wake up... get ready... go to work... come home... then shower again... why did I agree to do this?

Another quiet sigh escaped my lips before doing all the same things I had done the night before. When I was in the shower, my thoughts began to wander.

Even on the weekends I do the same damn thing! Nothing! I just sit and do nothing because my stupid job drains me so damn bad... and it's not like I have enough money to go out! Ugh... this sucks ass... I hate it here...

With a sour, upset feeling inside, I got out of the shower. Angrily, I did everything I did just yesterday and slipped on my pajamas. My hands held the edges of the marble counter the sink sat in as I leaned forward, eyeing myself down.

"There's nothing I can do. Why'd I agree to this? There's no way out. Oh shit..." As this really hit me, I began to cry, "I don't wanna restock Japanese plushies all my life!" My knees gave in and I fell to the floor, sitting on the back ends of my feet, "I never should've moved. Oh, this was a terrible mistake!" I sobbed.

"Man, this sucks! It sucks so bad..." I cried, "How do I get out of this!?" Finally, my cries died down, and I got up off the floor with a sad sad feeling inside. I just went to bed, not giving a damn about what time it was, or that I hadn't eaten.

I'm not hungry... and it's not like I have much to eat anyways... maybe one day I'll be financially stable enough to afford something besides ordering... but that's a big maybe...

OwO-
Hhh got a little sad there. I got quite a few things planned for this book, I'm kinda excited for those things. Hope you liked the chapter :) Have an epic day~peace out cheesebags