10: Oh, Gerard

Your pov

It's been almost a week since the terrifying incident occurred. My mother, who was the only one to call afterwards, insisted that I go home. Happily, I obliged. Now I sat, in my childhood bedroom, not doing anything in particular. Band posters and little things from my teen years were still hanging from the walls. Kurt Cobain... a legend lost too soon...

A sigh escaped my lips as I lay on my black twin sized bed. Then, my phone went off. I sat up and pulled it out.

Gerard: hey, ik it's been awhile but, can I call you?

Call me? Why?

Me: sure

He did so, my phone began buzzing like mad. I quickly answered the call.

"Hey! Hi, uhm, I'm sorry I haven't talked to you in awhile, I've been really busy."

"Busy?" I smiled, "It's alright, I feel like everyone's 'busy' these days..."

"Yeah, after what happened, it's just..." He hesitated for a moment, then began again, "So, remember that day on the subway? When I told you about how I didn't wanna do art anymore? Be in a band?"

"Of course..." where is he going with this?

"Uh, well, I'm in a band now, and I was wondering," He paused, "If you'd like to come to a show? We're playing on Friday, at eight in the Loop Lounge, I can pick you up."

"Friday?" I sighed, "Gerard, I'd love to, but, I'm in California." He went quiet.

"California? So, you made it home?" Just by the sound of his voice I knew I had broken his heart.

"Yeah, I did."

"That's... that's great. Uhm, will you ever be back in Jersey anytime soon?"

"Probably not."

"Okay, uhm, I'm sorry for bothering you. I'll... I'll go."

"No! Wait, Gerard, you don't bother me. You're the first person to contact me besides my mother. I'd love to see you, I really would. I just... can't..."

"I'd love to see you too, but, I understand." I miss you...

"So, what's your band's name?"

"We're still talking about it, but I think we're gonna go with My Chemical Romance." I smiled. Woah... that's a sick name...

"Really? That's such a cool name!" He chuckled, causing another smile to appear on my face.

"Yeah," It went quiet for a moment, "I miss you."

"I miss you too." My fingers began playing with the comforter as my smile became saddened.

"How's California?"

"Warm! Not freezing!" We both laughed, "It's good, I'm staying with my mom, seeing family, and all that."

"Cool..."

"Yeah, how's Jersey?"

"It's getting better. Everyone's still a little shook about what happened."

"Uhuh, that's kinda how it is here. I dunno, it feels the same with a sad undertone to it all."

"Yeah! Exactly what I was thinking. It's like, everything's just, slightly sadder." I giggled, then spotted my mom peering in at me.