chapter 52

Yun Hua returned home drenched.

On the way home, Yun Hua racked her brains but still could not find an answer to what had happened.

Chen Shi Ying’s father had turned into a criminal from a hero and died 9 years early…

Could this be a butterfly effect caused by her rebirth?

If that was the case…

Yun Hua was almost about to fall into depression again!

She returned home feeling down and saw Jiang Huan Qing in the living room packing everything up, gathering everything belong to Yun Cong Jun, like the ashtray and his favourite newspaper rack.

Jiang Huan Qing was shocked to see Yun Hua in such a sorry state and rushed over, “Hua Hua what happened? What happened!”

“Mom, it’s nothing, don’t worry about it. I was running in Jiang Xi Park and saved a drowning girl.” Yun Hua said.

Jiang Huan Qing was still concerned, “Really? But Hua Hua, that’s really dangerous you know? When a drowning person is on the verge of dying, their strength would be much larger than normal, at such an age, how could you save them? What if you drowned too…”

“Mom, the person was a little girl, it’s really nothing. In this case, there really wasn’t anyone else nearby so if I didn’t jump in, then I’d have to see her drown before my eyes. I’ll go take a shower, help me cook some ginger soup, I’m feeling a little cold!”

Finishing, Yun Hua ran off, afraid that Jiang Huan Qing would start nagging at her.

Yun Hua gave up on the issue with Chen Shi Ying. She concluded that everyone has their own morals, even if her rebirth brought about some changes, there was still no way that Chen Shi Ying’s father would turn into a criminal as long as his heart was kind.

Hence, though Yun Hua pitied Chen Shi Ying, she did not think she was responsible for the situation.

Finishing her meal, Yun Hua started on her homework. School had given out a lot of practice books so she was going to make the best out of it!

Yun Hua was very efficient once she got into the mood.

She wanted to clear all her homework in the morning and spend the afternoon writing her novel!

Around 11, she cleared everything!

Yun Hua stretched and started packing up when the doorbell rang.

By the time she came over, her mother had already opened the door.

Standing outside the door was Xiao Qiu Ci and Xiao Ru Yue.

Jiang Huan Qing’s expression changed immediately, “What are you two doing here!”

She was about shut the door but Xiao Qiu Ci had already entered the house. Her face was full of pain and anguish, “Qing Qing, give me some time and let’s talk about this. Please?”

“What’s there to talk about?” Jiang Huan Qing’s had a stiff look on her face.

Xiao Qiu Ci’s eyes were slightly red and her expression looked languished, “I couldn’t sleep last night. Qing Qing, I did not want to ruin your family… I really didn’t…

“But you’ve already ruined it!” Jiang Huan Qing pursed her lips and looked at Xiao Ru Yue, “No wonder he looks down on my Hua Hua and kept on praising Yue Yue…”

Yun Hua felt touched, sure enough she was still the most important in her mother’s heart.

Xiao Qiu Ci teared up as she continued, “Qing Qing, I had no choice. Do you know how much struggled I felt over all these years?  Everytime I looked at you, I’d feel so shameful I’d rather die. Back when Cong Jun got drunk, I didn’t even know how thing turned out that way. I never thought of snatching Cong Jun from you. I thought that I’d just pretend that nothing happened that night. But… But who knew… Who knew that’d I end up pregnant? It was alive and I couldn’t bear to kill it…”