chapter 55

Yun Cong Jun glared at Jiang Huan Qing with eyes full of rage.

“Move, even if we are divorced, I’m still her dad and disciplining her is my right!”

Of course, there was no way Jiang Huan Qing was going to move.

Yun Hua popped her head out and shouted at Yun Cong Jun, “Sure you can discipline me but I’ve talked to mom, you guys shouldn’t divorce after all! If you guys divorce, then wouldn’t my engagement with the Qi Family be wasted? You guys can’t divorce. Mom, don’t divorce dad!”

Jiang Huan Qing pursed her lips, looked at Yun Hua and remained silent.

However, Yun Cong Jun’s focus shifted in an instant.

He glared at Jiang Huan Qing, “Sure, you can stop me from disciplining her since we are divorcing and she’ll be following you! Even if she has no manners, it’s your problem from now on! She has nothing to do with me!”

“No, Dad, I feel that mom and I were in the wrong yesterday, we don’t want anything more but you two must not divorce, definitely not! I want to get engaged to Qi senpai!” Yun Hua pretended to regret her decision.

Yun Cong Jun humphed, “Weren’t you two force me to give an answer yesterday? Here’s your answer then, I agree, let’s divorce! We’ll settle it first thing tomorrow morning. I don’t want a pair of mother and daughter like you two!”

Finishing, Yun Cong Jun put an arm around Xiao Qiu Ci’s waist and held Xiao Ru Yue with the other hand, the strict and angry tone had instantly turned into one of gentleness and care, “Xiao Ci, Yue Yue, let’s go. I’ll start the divorce procedure tomorrow and then we can get married immediately after that! In the future, no one will criticize you two!”

Xiao Qiu Ci looked at him with red eyes in silence as tears rolled down her cheeks. Xiao Ru Yue was also very excited, looking at Yun Cong Jun with a look full of respect and gratefulness, giving Yun Cong Jun a massive sense of satisfaction.

After they left, Yun Hua sat Jiang Huan Qing on the sofa.“Mom, are you still sad?” Yun Hua

asked.

Jiang Huan Qing took a deep breath, a forced a bitter laugh, “A little bit, after all, it has been so many years… Hua Hua, you were talking about the engagement with the Qi family, you…”

“Mom, don’t worry about it, I never had any wish for that engagement! I am completely unsuitable for the Qi family, rural families already have so much conflict and politics in them, wouldn’t it be worse in a grand family like the Qi family?”

Yun Hua held Jiang Huan Qing by her arm and smiled, “Mom, do you know why Dad was so insistent on divorcing now?”

Jiang Huan Qing frowned, “Isn’t it because I found out what was happening?”

“Yes, but there is another reason and that’s the engagement with the Qi family! In his eyes, I wouldn’t even be fit to be a servant of the Qi family but Xiao Ru Yue is different. He is hoping that the Qi family would fancy Xiao Ru Yue and carry out the marriage. If that does happen, his company would benefit massively from his connection with the Qi family.”

Jiang Huan Qing pursed her lips, “No wonder he’d still agreed despite you asking for so much money!”

“Exactly. Therefore, mom, you shouldn’t worry at all, go ahead with the divorce tomorrow and ensure that all of the conditions are recorded down so that he can’t go back on his words!”

“… Alright.”

With that matter out of the way, Yun Hua finally heaved a sigh of relief.

She returned back the study, she could finally use the computer without worrying that she would be scolded by Yun Cong Jun!

She opened the computer and logged into the QQ she used to sign her contract.

“Uhhhhhh…”

A chain of notification sound sounded, someone had sent her a friend request.

Clicking the notification icon, she saw that the user [Tang Tang] had sent her a friend request along with the message, “I’m Sugar, an Editor from Penguin Books and I’d like to congratulate you for your work meeting the requirements for contracting.”

Then a second message, “Dear Revived Drawing, I’m your editor Sugar, are you there?”

And then a third, “Dear Revived Drawing, your work is splendid, I’m Editor Sugar, requesting approval…”