✧ ⋆* ┊ 𝟎𝟒.

* A/N: just like dream's intros, i'm going to politely ask you to vote on this chapter if you enjoy. votes really are what make me want to continue writing, otherwise i have no idea if you like the book. thanks, and enjoy :)

AFTER ANOTHER BRUTALLY AWKWARDHOUR, GEORGE'S STREAM FINALLY ENDED

HOUR, GEORGE'S STREAM FINALLY ENDED.

Immediately after, George texted Winnie.

Discord, 9:23 P.M.

George
ok so um
here's Dream's disc
but for the love of cheese actually
try to solve your issues
Dream#****

Winister
yeah yeah whatever
i'll be mature😇😇
thanks mom

George
If you two get in a big fight I'll laugh

Winister
no i'll make sure it doesn't become
a big deal lmfao

George
So responsible

Winister
that sounded mocking but ok😊

— real life —

Shakily, Winnie sent the friend request. It's not like she was nervous, it just stimulated a foreign feeling within her. Discomfort, perhaps.

He accepted the request in only minutes.

Then it was up to Winnie to send the first message. Instead, she pressed the call button. In mere moments her heart rate had accelerated to multiple beats a second, and she felt dizzier with each ring.

Finally, a voice connected.

"Hey."

"Hello to you too." She sounded angry, but it was only because his voice came off as disgusted.

"Why are we calling again?"

"Well, George and I are now kinda becoming friends, and I don't want this huge elephant in the room every time your names come up. So let's stop being immature and settle things."

"Don't you dare pull the immature card on me. You're the one who cut up my graduation gown, so I had to walk across the stage in basketball shorts and a t-shirt!" he raised his voice.

Had Winnie forgotten to mention that? Oops.

"It's not my fault you thought it'd be smart to change into your fancy clothes after the ceremony! Who does that?!" Their tones were accelerating at the same pace.

"I don't know, maybe people who didn't want to overheat in that shitty gym?! You still cut it up!" His words were menacing, but not enough to silence her.

"Well you're the one who made Penny break up with me! What kind of asshole do you have to be so pull a stunt like that?!" Yes, she was screaming at full volume.

"The plan was to make you two fight, not for her to break up with you! I was just getting even!" Now he was screaming too. How fantastic.

"Why couldn't you just of let it go?! For one night, you could've just let me live my life!" She did have a point. A valid one, at that.

"How could I let you live your stupid little senior year dream when you ruined mine?!" Now that—that was a shitty argument.

"Ruined? Are you serious? I didn't do shit to your senior year. Yeah, maybe you didn't peak in high school, but you had an amazing experience. It could've been so much better if you would've just left me alone." Her voice lowered, and it was evident there was pain under the surface of her voice. Guilt creeped into his heart.

"Winnie, I wanted to be friends with you. Freshman year, you were my best friend! And then what happened? You dumped me to go be little miss perfect. 'Look at me, I'm Winnie, I have perfect grades and perfect friends, and I don't give a damn worry about anyone else's feelings!'" he mocked her.

"Why did you stop reaching out? You knew you could've. We could've been there for each other."

"No, we couldn't of. We were never meant to know each other, and now it's fucked us up. Just let it go." He ran his free hand through his hair, shutting his eyes.

"Let it go? So all the sudden we just have to forget about the past?"

"I didn't mean it like that."

"Then what did you mean?" Winnie's voice was at a whisper, multitudes lower than it had been only seconds ago.

Clay didn't speak. In fact, he was deciphering how he should attempt a response. It was no surprise they had both blown up; they had always been fuel to each other's fire when it came to arguments.

"Let's just start over."

"Sure. Cool. Fine."

With that, she disconnected and rolled onto her bed.

A head full of thoughts, and yet she didn't feel infuriated. No, that call didn't go well. But she had to admit it felt good to finally say that to him. She knew he probably felt the same way. It was almost like releasing a breath you've been holding.

For the first time in years, the idea of him wasn't making her want to gouge her eyes out. She wasn't happy with him to any extent, but just a small interaction like that took some of the relentless weight off her shoulders.

On the other side of the phone, Clay was sitting on the edge of his bed, his head in his hands as he shamefully muttered to himself. Feelings he had been keeping hidden, feelings from the past—they were all resurfacing.

He heard the pain in her voice. It was all too familiar. The flashbacks to prom night, the tears he caused her, and now he was doing it again. Why he couldn't just do things right with her for once?

Instagram, 10:54 P.M.

winister

liked by GeorgeNotFound, colonelteagan, and 103,246 otherslow quality mirror selfie low quality night🧟‍♀️🧟‍♀️

low quality mirror selfie low quality night🧟‍♀️🧟‍♀️

view comments. . .