✧ ⋆* ┊ 𝟐𝟒.

VERMONT WAS EVEN MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN THEY IMAGINED; IT EXCEEDED WINNIE'S EXPECTATIONS FAR BEYOND MEASURE

"I had a feeling you'd like it," Clay teased as they drove along. Winnie's head was practically out the window, her button nose inhaling the fresh scent of snowy leaves.

It was the perfect winter.

"Clay...this is like—perfect."

"I think you and I have very different views on what and who fits the term 'perfect.'"

With a tender glance over at him, she blushed dark red and leaned in the back seat to give Patches and Twix a small nuzzle on their heads.

The two animals leaned into her touch, and the car finally came to a halt.

"We're heeerreee," Clay cheered in a sing-song tone.

The brunette woman's eyes immediately darted outside the window, and her jaw dropped at the lux cabin in front of them. It was surely much too big for just two people and two animals.

"You really outdid yourself," she mumbled, getting out of the car and grabbing Twix's leash. Patches was dosing off when Clay picked her up, bringing her back to alertness.

"Yeah, I've gotta for the birthday girl," he said, knowing that just inside Karl, George, and Nick were waiting to surprise her.

"Stop, you cliche bastard," she beamed.

He grabbed their suitcases out of the trunk and ushered for her to go inside, trailing behind her so he could watch the surprise. As soon as she entered the code they received from the host, three figures jumped up, screaming "SURPRISE!" at her.

Twix leaped towards the people out of excitement, and as the lights adjusted, Winnie identified each of them.

"Oh. My..God!"

All three of the figures came forward, Nick's voice recognized first.

"Hi, Winnie!" he smiled at her, leaning in to hug her. She wrapped his arms around him, taking in the presence of him as well as the others.

"Hello!" Karl smiled. She gave him a hug, then turned to George next.

"Who knew we wouldn't even have to go to England to meet?" she whispered in his ear, being met with a high-pitched chuckle.

As they separated, her and Karl got to talking. George was already fanboying over Twix. Nick walked forward to greet Clay and help him with the suitcases.

"When did all this come together?" Winnie beamed, facing the four people in front of her.

"Dream planned it all about a month ago," George answered from the floor where Twix was comfortably resting in his lap.