Chapter Five

I walk Jenkins to his first class after ensuring he's not gonna go looking for Zeke I head to my class and as expected, eyes turn my way as soon as I walk in. I go ahead and take my seat ignoring the stares that were burning through my skin and the murmurs that filled the room. I plug in my earphones rest my head and arms in the desk and immediately fall asleep.

When I wake up the classroom's empty.

Great, not even the teacher could wake me.

Picking up my bag I sigh and walk into an empty hallway pick a few books from my locker before heading to the gym. Second period was already in progress there was no way I was gonna get detention for being late.

The gym is empty so I walk in and sit in the corner with my books laid all around me. I pass through my notes, groaning inwardly, why is this shit so complicated, it looks like fucking Morse code.

What's the fucking point of school?

Just hours and hours of staring at a teacher trying to explain a concept that I don't really give two fucks about and will probably never use in the real world.

After long excruciating minutes of trying to read, I give up and start drawing cartoons on the floor then in my sketch book.

Don't wanna brag but, art is kinda my thing.

'' If it isn't Leonardo Da vinci's little prodigie ?'' a voice booms from near me making my heart stop for a moment.

I look up and see Aidan smiling at me but quickly avert my eyes to search for Zeke silently praying there are not here together.

'' He's in class.'' says Aidan obviously sensing my unease.

Thank God.

''Shouldn't you be as well?'' I ask after calming myself.

''Yeah and so should you.'' He smirks sitting down next to me.

'' Touchè''

''May I? '' he asks pointing at my sketch book which I hand him.

He flips through it, stopping to analyze a few of the drawings before finally handing it back.

'' Your not bad, but your not so good either. ''he says with a smirk and I raise an eyebrow at him.

''What? '' he chuckles '' Your good but till your as good as me, your just like everyone else.''he pats my head.

He's not kidding. He's a really great artist and every year at the art exhibit he's work is chosen and gets to be featured in some of the most read art magazines in the country. Last year, one of his pieces was taken to a famous artist's art exhibit and even though it was only there for a week it was a huge moment.

'' Who in there right mind would do that?'' he questions before laughing so hard and typing on his phone.

'' I was a kid. '' We both laugh just as the bell rings. I pack up my books as he gets up and offers me a hand.

'' So Al,....about Zeke'' he says after helping me up.

Argh...seriously?

'' Can we please not. '' I sling my bag over my shoulder and attempt to pass by him.

'' I don't wanna justify what he did but at least let him explain himself, he's really sorry. '' he pleads as I walk past him.

'' Apology received.'' I say back, not bothering to turn around.